X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reno Dojo Looking for Instructors

Our Reno dojo has unfortunately lost our sensei due to schedules and work. If you are, or know anyone that is able to teach Kendo in Reno, please let me know.

Currently we have a handful of people (already have bogus) ready to train but no one to teach us. We do know the basics, and the highest level who only really knows the basics and has not had a chance to spar yet (the sensei left quite early after only being with us for a little over a year) is trying to keep the class alive due to interest and desire to continue on.

The dojo is certainly interested if anyone lives around Reno, or will be moving soon to Reno who will be willing to teach! Thanks in advanced.

this is rather bismal that no one knows anyone. Hopefully someone will reply soon.

Comment

This is what to do...

Hi Swiss-san,

Ok, I'm having major problems here with my fonts and bold verses not bold... Sorry. I couldn't even write your name in not bold, because it wouldn't let me. Sigh... It is working now at least. My posts have been looking strange lately because my computer has a mind of it's own...

Well, this is what you can do. You can ask the sensei at their dojos in Sacramento if your dojo may come visit their dojo once or twice a month to practice until you get a sensei in Reno, if the sensei there say you may. I checked on a map, and Sacramento is about 90 miles from you, which means that it is probably only an hour and a half drive, maybe a bit more, if there is traffic. How does this sound? That would be much better than nothing. Many of us have to drive that far for practice, and once or twice a month visiting a dojo can help you guys when you set up practice by yourselves in-between the time you'd go to one of those dojos for instruction.

This also will help the highest rank know what to do in your dojo to run practice, since he/she is just into bogu themselves. It'll take the pressure off of him/her. They can seek help from the sensei there as to what you all should be working on, and so can the rest of you. Maybe you guys after having gone to one of the dojos, can get one of the sensei to come up once or twice a month to help you guys out. Lots of options. Call them up and ask for help. I am sure one of them will be able to help you all and have an idea as to how to keep your dojo up and running.

Well, give this a try. Here are the two dojos in Sacramento:

NCKF
      Rancho Cordova Dojo
      4016 Happy Lane
      Sacramento, CA
      M 7:30-9:30pm
      Email:
      rckendo

-----------------------

NCKF
      Sacramento Kendo Dojo
      7235 Pritchard Rd.
      Sacramento, CA
      Tu F 7:30-9:30pm
      E-Mail:
      Bill Shirai

-----------------------

I hope this helps!

Kaoru

Comment

thank you most kindly for your recommendations. I am a college student with limited resources, but I believe I could hitch a ride with some members in the dojo to sacramento.

That would be quite exciting, though I would have to budget my time due to the fact that i am taking summer school

Comment

Yay, you should come visit! =D. I'm a member at the Sac. Dojo myself and I love meeting new people =). You know it's funny (not funny ha ha, funny strange), there are times that we have upwards of 5 or 6 sensei attending, and never less than 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Swissv2
            thank you most kindly for your recommendations. I am a college student with limited resources, but I believe I could hitch a ride with some members in the dojo to sacramento.

That would be quite exciting, though I would have to budget my time due to the fact that i am taking summer school
            You're welcome! I hope you guys can do that.

Kaoru

Comment

Working...
            X