X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School / Groups in Atlanta, GA (USA)

It is quite possible that i will be moving to Atlanta this fall but I will be in town from September 18th through the 22nd. While I am down there I am going to be looking for a school / group to continue my kendo training. I would like to visit with instructors and if time permits watch a class to get a feel for the group.

If you could point me in the right direction I would appriciate it.

If you are ever looking for a dojo somewhere in the US, check out http://www.auskf.info

Georgia Kendo Alliance
    Chastain Memorial Park Gym
    Wiecca Blvd.
    Atlanta, GA
    Th 7:30-9:00pm Sa 4:30-6:30pm

Georgia Japanese Language School Kendo Club
    Lindley Middle School
    Atlanta, GA
    Sat 3:00-5:00pm

Comment

i practiced with the folks at the Georgia Kendo Alliance while i was down in atlanta on business last month. very nice folks, good solid instruction and a very nice facility.

http://www.georgiakendo.com/

you should give them a call.

Comment

Come on down.

I just started on May 1 and Kendo has become big part of my life. Since GKA started beginners classes this year there seems to be a huge response. From my perspective there seems to be at least 10 to 15 new folks every 2 months. While only 20% carry on beyond the first classes myself and a few others have been shown some long term dedication.

Come on down and practice with us. On Saturday's a few of us show up an hour before the beginner's class and stay through the advanced class.

Comment

We are not at Chastain.

Athletic Club Northeast (Aerobics Room)
          1515 Sheridan Road, Atlanta, GA. 30324
          Phone: (404) 325-2700

If you need help navigating

Give me an e-mail at chunkymonkey@charter.net

Comment

I might join you guys when I get my bogu and uniform. I need something to keep my Kendo up while I am not at school other than self-instruction.

Comment

I've heard good things about Georgia Kendo Alliance. If I wasn't running my own dojo at university, I'd definetely be practicing with them.

Comment

a mr. Kang I beleive visited our dojo, he was very tall, my sensei paired me up with him because he was the only one my height 6'1-6'2. Man it was harder to keep up with him because I'm so used to underreaching because of outstepping my partner. I went for men-men and he was long gone before my first step.

Comment

Working...
                X