X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles?

Ok, it looks like I might be in LA in the last week of September..so where and when do all you Southeren Californian guys practice?

Jakob

Originally posted by JSchmidt
    Ok, it looks like I might be in LA in the last week of September..so where and when do all you Southeren Californian guys practice?

Jakob

Hi Jakob,

Here's the Southern California Kendo Federation (SCKF) website:

http://www.eanet.com/sckf

and the member dojo page and schedule with links to a map and contact information for each dojo:

http://www.eanet.com/sckf/dojo.htm

Oh yeah, there's also the Southern California Kendo Organization (SCKO):

http://www.auskf.info/mainpages/Fede...hools/scko.htm

How long are you planning on staying and where exactly in Southern Califiornia will you be visiting?

Comment

Jakob
      hey Jakob..

Well here at Venice Kendo Dojo, we practice on Wednesday Night from 730pm till 900pm , then open keiko till ? you can also meet most of the Kendo World guys here from So Cal , misterkurukuru, kendomilitia, inouye02, tenken, moocow,kawaii,honda, french, all in 1 night, so if your here look us up ..

Comment

I'll be staying with friends in Chatsworth and will be there approx 5-7 days (will know soon).
        I'll probably try to get out of LA as well, although not necessarily for kendo .

Jakob

Comment

I'll be staying with friends in Chatsworth and will be there approx 5-7 days (will know soon).
          I'll probably try to get out of LA as well, although not necessarily for kendo .

Jakob
          Hopefully it won't be so hot near the end of the month, right now it's 100+ in the valley, lots of smog too...well hope to meet you ..

Comment

I should be able to tweak my schedule around a Wednesday..I'll let you know when I get it confirmed.

Jakob

Comment

I should be able to tweak my schedule around a Wednesday..I'll let you know when I get it confirmed.

Jakob
              sounds good ....

Comment

Jakob
                Chatsworth is just a stones through from OSULA in Studio City.
                3921 Laurel Canyon Boulevard, Studio City
                http://www.osula.com/html/maps_info.htm
                Wednesdays 7:30pm - 8:30pm
                Fridays 7:30pm - 9:00pm Advanced jigeiko 9:30pm*
                *followed by food and beer at a near by Japanese ramen house

If I were you, don't think I would pass up the Wednesday night opportunity to play with Inouye2 and his gang if you don't mind fighting the 405 traffic...

Comment

Originally posted by Kiki
                  Chatsworth is just a stones through from OSULA in Studio City.
                  3921 Laurel Canyon Boulevard, Studio City
                  http://www.osula.com/html/maps_info.htm
                  Wednesdays 7:30pm - 8:30pm
                  Fridays 7:30pm - 9:00pm Advanced jigeiko 9:30pm*
                  *followed by food and beer at a near by Japanese ramen house

If I were you, don't think I would pass up the Wednesday night opportunity to play with Inouye2 and his gang if you don't mind fighting the 405 traffic...
                  what ??? ramen house? man , I think I'll have to swing by on Friday soon , and then maybe we can have that beer together ..

Comment

Ok, the trip is on!. I'll be in LA from the 21st to the 27th, so I'll come and annoy you guys in Venice on Wednesday the 22nd?.
                    Small change of plans means I will be staying in a hotel the first couple of days, probably in Santa Monica.
                    Friday sounds tempting, but not sure I can make it...ramen & beer is a good combination, though...maybe if I can lure my friends along to watch. (doubtful, but worth a try).

Jakob

Comment

[QUOTE=JSchmidt] Friday sounds tempting, but not sure I can make it...ramen & beer is a good combination, though...maybe if I can lure my friends along to watch. (doubtful, but worth a try). [QUOTE]

Cheap Japanese food and draft beer might me a good draw...rev up for the clubs. So long as you have DD.

It would be great to meet you if you have the time. Some people just come for the jigeiko starting about 9:15ish. Depending on the amount of sensei we finish between 10-10:30. We're a flexible group.

Comment

Ok, the trip is on!. I'll be in LA from the 21st to the 27th, so I'll come and annoy you guys in Venice on Wednesday the 22nd?.
                        Small change of plans means I will be staying in a hotel the first couple of days, probably in Santa Monica.
                        Friday sounds tempting, but not sure I can make it...ramen & beer is a good combination, though...maybe if I can lure my friends along to watch. (doubtful, but worth a try).

Jakob
                        hey Jakob,

the 22nd sounds good , if your gonna stay in santa monica, give me a call when you get in , maybe i can show you around some, and if you want to visit some dojo's , like Chuo , covina, etc.. also on the 26th is our SCKF Team Championships, maybe you can come out and watch ..

Comment

send me a email ..i'll give you all the info ..

venicekendo@aol.com

Comment

Email sent.

Kiki, I'll see what I can do, but can't promise anything.

Jakob

Comment

SCKF championships~id like to see it

Originally posted by Inouye02
                              hey Jakob,

the 22nd sounds good , if your gonna stay in santa monica, give me a call when you get in , maybe i can show you around some, and if you want to visit some dojo's , like Chuo , covina, etc.. also on the 26th is our SCKF Team Championships, maybe you can come out and watch ..
                              i plan to be in LA by the end of September; coming down from Vancouver BC (I grew up within the LA vicinity). I started kendo there but I moved before i had the chance to fully experience S. Cali kendo; i hear kendo is strong there because of the diversity of LA. I want to see the SCKF Championship, can you tell me where its going to place and when its going to start.

thanks
                              andy lee

Comment

Working...
                              X