X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And Nanbanjin joins the double green blob club...

Comment

If Nanbanjin is willing to have this posted in one place for posterity
      I'd be happy to put it up on the MSU kendo website
      (http://kendo.msu.edu) amongst our
      study/training resources (same for your other translations). Of course
      with full credit. By all means get in touch with me if you want this and
      we can work out details.
      Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
        And Nanbanjin joins the double green blob club...
        Sure, Peter gets his by posting useful information. Some of us need to resort to bribery and intimidation.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignatz
          Sure, Peter gets his by posting useful information. Some of us need to resort to bribery and intimidation.
          I've gotten plenty of points for posting utter rubbish too.

Originally posted by rfoxmich
          If Nanbanjin is willing to have this posted in one place for posterity
          I'd be happy to put it up on the MSU kendo website
          (http://kendo.msu.edu) amongst our
          study/training resources (same for your other translations). Of course
          with full credit. By all means get in touch with me if you want this and
          we can work out details.
          Ron.
          Mark Molloy asked me the same thing but I'm not sure whether he has done anything about it. I don't mind at all, but maybe you should be aware that Mark is planning to use the stuff too. Cred goes to KW and the Japanese site I stole the original from (without asking!).
          Also, you might want to read through what I've written and let me know if there's anything that doesn't make complete sense. I have been very quick with the translations and I might have missed a thing or two.

I still haven't finished the Shodan questions I was going to do over Thinksgiving, Thanksbeing to Ignatz's hospitality.
          I will have to wait for work to quieten down again.
          Last edited by Nanbanjin; 4th December 2006, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I have done a cut and paste on all Peter's postings for Yondan, Godan and now Shodan exam questions. I thought they contained some valuable information so (with Peter's permission) I was planning to stick them on our club website.
            I am happy to send out the info in Word doc format to save others the keyboard sweat.

Peter - Are the Yondan/Godan sections finished now? For Godan you got to point number 12 "Things to look for when viewing a sword", and for Yondan point number 15 "Giheki - Habits in Waza" (although there doesn't seem to be a point 14...)

Comment

OK, so after a bit of work with Babelfish I see there are a total of 13 questions for the Godan section, and Peter has left off the last one (Parts of a sword) I guess because it's a picture. So Godan is complete.
              For Yondan Section 14 is translated as "oddity righteousness" - so I have no idea what that is, and section 16 is "the 4 sicknesses".

Quote from Peter in original thread:
              "Question fourteen was too much for me. Just couldn't get my head around it. Will try again later."

Last I saw we were up to point 10 for Shodan, so only 5 to go...
              Come on Pete - get slaving over that hot kanji dictionary!

Comment

Working...
              X