X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why thank you, now i feel i can post in the "how far up the mountain i am" thread

Comment

There's a mountain?

ARRRRRRGH. . . . . . . !

Comment

mountain.... i knew i needed a packed lunch

Comment

It's not A mountain, but a whole range. Sorry I'm being lazy heree as well, but is anyone going for shodan the weekend after next in London. If so how much have you written for your answer to the BKA grading question? Should I be looking at two sides of full sentences? Is there a standard format that this answer must take e.g. can some of the information be put into bullet points? I know I'm being sad, but I am an English teacher and therefore, I am really specific about this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by cidergeorge View Post
            It's not A mountain, but a whole range. Sorry I'm being lazy heree as well, but is anyone going for shodan the weekend after next in London. If so how much have you written for your answer to the BKA grading question? Should I be looking at two sides of full sentences? Is there a standard format that this answer must take e.g. can some of the information be put into bullet points? I know I'm being sad, but I am an English teacher and therefore, I am really specific about this stuff.
            I've done nearly an A4 side, mine has bullet points, sub-bullets, numbered lists, coloured/italicised/emboldened text to aid understanding, oh and a picture for flavour. They'll hate it but typographically speaking it is highly functional.

Don't forget your name and BKA number. I thought about little hearts over the i's but didn't want them to think I was trying to pass by 'other means

Comment

Originally posted by dwez View Post
              Don't forget your name and BKA number. I thought about little hearts over the i's but didn't want them to think I was trying to pass by 'other means
              I know what you mean, my koi-fish wrapped inside a do did NOT go well in the Sicilian Kendo Federation.

Comment

Originally posted by dwez View Post
                I've done nearly an A4 side, mine has bullet points, sub-bullets, numbered lists, coloured/italicised/emboldened text to aid understanding, oh and a picture for flavour. They'll hate it but typographically speaking it is highly functional.

Great! This was the one aspect of the grading that wasn't worrying me.....until now!

Guess I'll have to re-type it in rainbow-coloured letters and a cartoon font.

Comment

Originally posted by Mokujin77 View Post
                  Great! This was the one aspect of the grading that wasn't worrying me.....until now!

Guess I'll have to re-type it in rainbow-coloured letters and a cartoon font.
                  Yes typography is often overlooked when people attempt their gradings. The achillies heel to many a good kendoka who would have ordinarily passed.

Comment

Are you using a special paper Dwez? Or velum perhaps? Mine is a simple monchrome I'm afraid.

Comment

I can see this issue is a worry for you, George. Tell you what, why don't you send me a copy of your grading paper and I'll....er...."check" it for you, just in case. I'll even do it for free. No need to thank me, I just like to...um...help.

Comment

Oh ok then, I'll just cut and paste all my hard work straight into this thread.

List the main elements of yuko datotsu

Hit other person with stick thingy. Oh and shout.

The end

Comment

Oh ok then, I'll just cut and paste all my hard work straight into this thread.

List the main elements of yuko datotsu

Hit other person with stick thingy. Oh and shout.

The end
                          Shit, that's more than I typed!

I'd better get weaving!

Comment

Are you using a special paper Dwez? Or velum perhaps? Mine is a simple monchrome I'm afraid.
                            No, just Xerox Colotech 120GSM out of a Xerox DC12, a good machine if a little long in the tooth nowadays.

You also forgot stampy bit - you fail.

Comment

It's not A mountain, but a whole range.
                              I got near the top of the mountain, and realized 3 things:
                              1. I wasn't on top of the mountain, I climbed a hill that had little in common with the mountain.
                              2. That I'm now at the base of the mountain.
                              3. From here it looks like a long way up, but I'm really happy to be on the right path!

Comment

At your venerable age, you really need to stop hiking in Estes Park, Mr. Donigan.

(It was either that joke or the "We live in Colorado, Mr. Donigan. We are at the base of a many mountains here.")

Comment

Working...
                                X