Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on Testing

Hi
    i just started to practice kendo few weeks ago and currently i have no kyu, my friends told me there is an examination in october, from that examination i will be asigned a kyu, since i want to practice for the examination what should i practice in order to get a 5 kyu in kendo.
    thanks

Just keep practicing.

Comment

Can't put it any better than that.

I've always wondered why people are so hung up on testing. Just practice and shift your goal from obtaining rank to getting better. If you get better, then the rank comes to you. You do not have to pursue any rank. Go to the Dojo, listen to your seniors and walk out of there in a way that you can tell yourself (honestly) that you did the best you could and there is nothing more you could have done.

Focus on doing that and you'll have Sensei and Sempai yelling at you demanding that you test immediately.

Think of it in a cruder fashion... isn't it better when the beautiful woman falls all over you as compared to having to beg her to even speak to you? I know, strange comparaison, but give it some thought.

Comment

note to self: at next grading think of women falling over me and Ill pass..... hehehe!!

Comment

OK, maybe not the best analogy, but it was the best I could come up with at the time. I promise to do better for my next one.

Comment

it was an intersting mental image! and quite a good analogy.

Comment

Working...
            X