3) the importance of kendo etiquette

any help/source welcome!!!!!!!

Originally posted by tamaki View Post
    Ok.I have to write in Japanese about
    1)the correct way of striking men,kote,do
    2) explain metsuke
    3) the importance of kendo etiquette

Wait a second. You wouldn't be asking other people to do your homework for you, would you? If it's the language that's the issue, why not write out your answers in English and ask someone to help you translate it into Japanese?

Comment

Does it have to be in Japanese? The ZNKR offers English-language question papers for foreigners.

Comment

when i did my shodan questions.

i had my wife translate them from japanese to english.

i wrote the answers in english.

then she translated them back to the judges.

as she was translating them the judge was pretty much giving us the answers too, so we just agreed.

i saw that 2dan was similar.

oh and the bonus of it all we got the question paper 3 days before. - strangest test ive ever taken.

Comment

oh and as they were deciding what to do as i cant read or write japanese to save my life.

they asked if i wrote it in romaji would be fine? my reply was that it would be more difficult to explain the finer points.

if your doing your 2 dan in japan dont worry too much as i dont think anyone failed the paper test if the answer wasnt perfect to judge would explain it to the writer a little more clearly.

also everyone did the test together on the gym floor and then had to line up to get it marked, plenty of chances to get the questions sorted before you face the judge.

goodluck!

Comment

Go to the local renmei office and purchase a book with all the answers. It will be in Japanese, but it will have everything you will ever need.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuri View Post
              Go to the local renmei office and purchase a book with all the answers. It will be in Japanese, but it will have everything you will ever need.
              ????

You mean, they accept textbook answers?

What's the point of the test then?

Comment

Ok.I have to write in Japanese
                You almost certainly dont have too. Phone the renmei or write it in the application.

Your sensei may not know that you can do it in English.

Originally posted by Kenzan View Post
                ????
                You mean, they accept textbook answers?

What's the point of the test then?
                Yes. You just copy the answers.

The point?? Weve discussed this a number of times... search!! (you obviously have a lot of free time....!)

Comment

Originally posted by Halcyon View Post
                  Wait a second. You wouldn't be asking other people to do your homework for you, would you? If it's the language that's the issue, why not write out your answers in English and ask someone to help you translate it into Japanese?

because usually if you think in english it doesn't come out well in japanese.so I was just asking for where to search I know there are some books out there..

Comment

Originally posted by Kuri View Post
                    thanx that was really useful!!I didnt know about that,I am gonna ask.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenshi View Post
                      You almost certainly dont have too. Phone the renmei or write it in the application.

Your sensei may not know that you can do it in English.

he knows that I have the right to do it in english but he thinks/insisted I can/should do it in japanese.I dont want to insist on the opposite,he's the sensei anyway and why not push myself on it.
                      I guess I understand these concepts in my language but have no idea how to express them in japanese.So,i am searching for sources(books) in japanese.

Comment

I guess I understand these concepts in my language but have no idea how to express them in japanese.So,i am searching for sources(books) in japanese.
                        There is quite a few books in Japanese with shinsa explanations.... but they are generally all the same. Doesnt one of this months kendo magazines have some info or thoughts about gradings???

Comment

There is quite a few books in Japanese with shinsa explanations.... but they are generally all the same. Doesnt one of this months kendo magazines have some info or thoughts about gradings???
                          I just bought the AJKF book about gradings and another one that I found.They have some additional info,not exactly the same.Didn't know about the magazines,interesting info I will check too

Comment

You must be a pretty tough little shodan.....

Good luck!

Comment

You must be a pretty tough little shodan.....

Good luck!
                              Thanx a lot!I am gonna start studying tonight,too many unknown kanji in these books...

Comment

Working...
                              X