X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BKA membership booklet

I didn't know where to post so i thought i would post it here because it has something to do with grading, well any here we go.

This question is for kendo practitioner in the UK

From you send off your British Kendo Association membership form how long does it take for you to receive word from them that your application has been successful.

Thanks

Originally posted by player82 View Post
    I didn't know where to post so i thought i would post it here because it has something to do with grading, well any here we go.

This question is for kendo practitioner in the UK

From you send off your British Kendo Association membership form how long does it take for you to receive word from them that your application has been successful.

Thanks

Well,

first you send the application, this is the first test - your form must circumnavigate the 8th wonder of the world that is the British Royal Mail, then, IF and only if you pass this stage you may reach the first screening process. Your handwriting will be scientifically analysed in order to determine your level of hand-eye co-ordination. you will be sent 2 small sample tubs in which you must return filled with samples of your blood and urine, then you must complete a telephone interview over the phone - testing your knowledge of Japan, its culture, language and geography. If you pass these tests then you become eligible for the next phase, where you must swear your allegiance to the BKA.

Then you will recieve your booklet within an unspecified period.

please note some of this message not specifically accurate, as its a while since I joined, but you definately can count on the part about the unspecified period...

Comment

Originally posted by D'Artagnan View Post
      Then you will recieve your booklet within an unspecified period.
      I think the going rate is about 3 months.

Player82, if you are worried that it hasn't got to the membership secretary and therefore you ain't insured, drop him a line:

Malcolm Smalley
      member.secretary@kendo.org.uk

(but remember these guys are busy this time of the year so be patient)

Comment

I had to extract and present the still beating heart of my first love when i signed up....

The receipt for grading only takes a few days Nicky G is no slow poke

Comment

Can you tell me why they require and sample of your blood a urine.

Comment

It's to make sure you're not a robot. As you may be aware, robots have been banned from taking part in kendo competitions ever since the gruesome 'Honda incident' in Japan in 2004.

Comment

Does anyone know if it is necessary to put in the A/C when writing out the check?

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                Does anyone know if it is necessary to put in the A/C when writing out the check?

I would incase it gets stolen? (and not the german cake)

Comment

Originally posted by bobdonny View Post
                  I would incase it gets stolen? (and not the german cake)

Ok thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
                    yes it is

This is make sure it goes to the correct account

cheers

Comment

I'm afraid if I told you that, I would be in violation of the BKA secrecy code, and the consequences would be unimaginable...

Comment

Working...
                      X