X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Menjo Help - MWKF

Hello to any MidWest Kendo Federation folks.

Was hoping you can help me. I received my nidan ranking when I was a member of the Detroit Kendo dojo back in '97/'98. Did my test in Madison, WI.

Of course, after all of these years, and multiple international moves, of course I can't find the darn menjo now. I need it for my next shinsa, so how can I go about getting a copy or verification?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Send an e-mail to Tagawa sensei with your request. He's the current AUSKF VP of Promotions.

Comment

Well, considering he was my sensei back in Detroit, that's a good place to start.

Comment

A duplicate/replacement menjo can be gotten and the starting place, as Ralutin says is with Tagawa sensei.

Comment

Originally posted by rfoxmich View Post
          A duplicate/replacement menjo can be gotten and the starting place, as Ralutin says is with Tagawa sensei.
          Great. Thanks Ron. I didn't see his email address on the MWKF page. Is it in there somewhere?

Comment

Hi Scott - the best person to contact would be Eric Abbey. He's currently in charge of all the MWKF promotion coordination and should be able to make the appropriate inquiry into obtaining a new menjo for you from the AUSKF. I suspect he will need you to provide your AUSKF ID so that your rank can be quickly determined according to their records. I'll PM you Abbey sensei's email address.

EDIT: Actually, just looked at the MWKF promotion sheet we sent out for this year's Detroit Tourney and the best way to get in touch with Abbey sensei for this would be to use the email address: mwkfpromotions@gmail.com

If that doesn't work, let me know.
            Last edited by Gideon; 16th February 2012, 09:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon View Post
              Hi Scott - the best person to contact would be Eric Abbey. He's currently in charge of all the MWKF promotion coordination and should be able to make the appropriate inquiry into obtaining a new menjo for you from the AUSKF. I suspect he will need you to provide your AUSKF ID so that your rank can be quickly determined according to their records. I'll PM you Abbey sensei's email address.

EDIT: Actually, just looked at the MWKF promotion sheet we sent out for this year's Detroit Tourney and the best way to get in touch with Abbey sensei for this would be to use the email address: mwkfpromotions@gmail.com

If that doesn't work, let me know.
              Hey many thanks. Just emailed Eric. I knew him from many years ago back when he was a wee mudansha.

Comment

Sure thing. I hope it all works out. Good luck on the shinsa and if you're ever in the area, stop by for a visit - once family, always family.

Comment

So here is method to get a replacement menjo-
                  1. ask your member federation president to send in a request to the AUSKF VP of Promotion. ( generally done through your dojo head sensei )
                  2. provide the following info: AUSKF ID #, Name as you expect it to be on the Menjo, date and place the original was issued from and include a $10 replacement fee payable to AUSKF.

I have created a draft form and submitted it to Tagawa sensei and hopefully it will join the other forms on the promotion portion of the AUSKf web site.

Comment

OK, well thanks very much indeed. As for what my AUSKF ID was at the time, I have no idea. I have a number now of course, but I doubt it's the same one. Hmm...anyway, thanks.

Comment

The new form has been approved and should be available on the AUSKF web site soon. Meanwhile if you e-mail me I will send you a copy. BTW the fee for replacement menjo was raised to $20. Your current AUSKF ID # is what you should use.

Comment

Excellent! Many thanks indeed. Would I send you a check for this (made out to the MWKF)?

Comment

No just send me an e-mail - there is a hot link on the AUSKF web site to e-mail me and I will e-mail you back the form. It has all the directions on it.

Comment

Great. Just emailed you, and thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                            X