Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passed 2 dan!!!

i finally did it!!!
    it was a different city but the same judging panel as before.
    i couldnt believe it when they said i had passed - i messed up my 1st kata from heat exhuastion and memory blank.
    but i raised my hand and asked for a do over - which went well.
    then when it got to the tricky bit on no.3 all the other students were raising their hand for a do over. each student only gets 1 do over in the whole 5 kata.
    lets just say i was lucky as i came back to my wife and decided i had already failed. but luck was on my side and maybe i did do it well enough for a pass.
    im not going to aim for san dan but id still like to practice my kata. its very relaxing!!!

im feeling happy!!! thank you everyone for all your comments and support and advice and time!!! every word has been appreciated!!!!

oh p.s - the paper test all had been studied and prepared for before. but i got a kindly teacher giving me the answers fom the start. then the judge gave me some more answers to redo and come back with his version. kind of pointless me doing many mock exams. but im glad i did!!!
    Last edited by neanderthal; 19th August 2012, 04:07 PM.

Congratulations, but why aren't you going to aim for sandan, or is that a typo?

Originally posted by neanderthal View Post
    im not going to aim for san dan but id still like to practice my kata.

Comment

You _Will_ aim for sandan... you just don't know it yet.

Comment

Congratulations! Glad to hear that you were able to pull through on this attempt!

Comment

congrats! mine will come soon

Comment

Congratulations! I hope this will give you more joy and power in your keiko from now on!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

the san dan pass rate is so low i dont think i could cope with the stress.
                its where it seperates the men from the boys!!!
                maybe in ten years i might be that level again.
                if i keep up with my kata it shouldnt be too difficult.
                im just happy to have reached this point. over coming many problems.

thank you everyone!!! it all means so much!!!

Comment

2-3 years of dilligent practice should be enough

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Good, dan on paper is. Wonderful, Dan in heart is. JMSO (just my Sensei's opinion)

Comment

my kids had a comp today and the senior teachers of the local renmei were all congratulating me. one with a touch of english said he will come to my club sometimes to teach me the way of bushido. he also said he had been at it for 55 years and still has a long road ahead.
                        it was very encouraging from them all - but i have an image in 10 years time me and my kids will be able to go for 3 dan together. then it will be fun rather than stressful. but i think the senior teachers are expecting more of me now so it may be sooner.
                        anyway im happy either way. 2 dan was always my goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Tort-Speed View Post
                          Good, dan on paper is. Wonderful, Dan in heart is. JMSO (just my Sensei's opinion)
                          sounds like a very wise sensei!!! i believe kendo has to be done from the heart first. first the love of kendo and the spirit. not points or certificates.

i enjoy a good workout and a sweat!!!

i may not be the best around but my heart is in it wanting to improve. its an addiction and not a bad one to have!!!

Comment

Originally posted by neanderthal View Post
                            but i have an image in 10 years time me and my kids will be able to go for 3 dan together.
                            But why would you want to wait 10 years until your sandan test?

Comment

Originally posted by verissimus View Post
                              But why would you want to wait 10 years until your sandan test?
                              im not the best player out there. plus if i wait for my daughters to reach the same level it would be a happy motivation.

it took me 5 years from my shodan to my nidan. many health problems stopped me from taking it until now.

its a long road and im happy where i am.

Comment

Working...
                              X