X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.E.U.S.K.F.

I was wondering - I've just started to practice Kendo and have been close to 6months. I was wondering when I first joined I missed the application deadline to join the All Eastern U.S. Kendo Fed. and that my sensei wants me to test. I know that I have to be a member - would I be able to pay federation dues at the testing site? Does anyone have any info on federations in gerneral?
    Many Thanks!!!

Originally posted by npk9
    I was wondering - I've just started to practice Kendo and have been close to 6months. I was wondering when I first joined I missed the application deadline to join the All Eastern U.S. Kendo Fed. and that my sensei wants me to test. I know that I have to be a member - would I be able to pay federation dues at the testing site? Does anyone have any info on federations in gerneral?
    Many Thanks!!!
    Hi,

I'm not sure how your dojo operates, but when you signed up, you should have paid your dojo, AEUSKF and All U.S. Kendo Federation (AUSKF) dues at that time. You must be a paid member of each federation to test. I would talk to your head instructor/sensei and whomever handles your dojo's administration to determine whether or not you're all paid up and eligible to test.

You can find information on the AUSKF here: http://www.auskf.info/mainpages/auskfmain.htm

Comment

Originally posted by npk9
      Many Thanks!!!
      I guess your best answer would come from the people running the test. If you are doing an internal promotional test from one kyu to another kyu, you may not need to bother with the federation membership fees.

The AEUSKF is a part of the AUSKF (All U.S. Kendo Federation). If you become a member of the AEUSKF, you will most likely have to pay the annual membership due to the AUSKF.

Comment

Working...
      X