X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shodan written examination question?

A question to those kendoka in the UK who are grading for shodan at Mumeishi in October.

Has anyone received the written question yet?

I am supposed to be grading then and not yet received the question. If it is possible, can someone tell me what I have to write about?

Thanks.

I know that people from our dojo has recieved their papers..can't remember the questions, though .
    Contact the BKA grading officer.

Jakob

Comment

Got Mine....

Comment

Yep, got mine too! I'm doing shodan! Something about issoku itto no ma-ai methinks, can't remember the rest but I should probably start doing them soon seeing as lots of people have been very nice and given me copies of books etc!

Comment

Originally posted by GMason
          Got Mine....
          Well what's the question then???

I'll contact BKA grading officer also.

Originally posted by senki-kendo-jos
          Yep, got mine too! I'm doing shodan! Something about issoku itto no ma-ai methinks, can't remember the rest but I should probably start doing them soon seeing as lots of people have been very nice and given me copies of books etc!
          What is that something about issoku itto no maai?

Comment

Got Mine....
            Yeah
            Its about time you passed Shodan then

Comment

Originally posted by sjp
              Yeah
              Its about time you passed Shodan then
              Yeah Its about time you passed Shodan then
              If they saw me at the moment they would probably take them all back off me :-D

If I remember rightly from what I have been told (My questions where not for Shodan) Name and draw the parts of a Shinai, explain Issoku Itto No Maai. Rei and Kata number three.

Comment

If they saw me at the moment they would probably take them all back off me :-D

If I remember rightly from what I have been told (My questions where not for Shodan) Name and draw the parts of a Shinai, explain Issoku Itto No Maai. Rei and Kata number three.
                Gareth...!?!?!? Your Shodan already!?!?!?

Comment

Would someone just tell the poor guy what the questions are?

Comment

Originally posted by Nanbanjin
                    Would someone just tell the poor guy what the questions are?
                    Thanks.

Comment

Name and draw the parts of a Shinai, explain Issoku Itto No Maai. Rei and Kata number three.
                      I did but here they are again.

Don't know the correct order.

Name and Draw the parts of a Shinai
                      Explain Issoku Itto No Maai
                      Explain Rei
                      Explain Sanbon-me

Still probably best to have a word with Keith D though.
                      Last edited by GMason; 14th September 2004, 05:30 PM.

Comment

may I just point out that gareth gottem off me... such a kind and helpful individual aren't I!

Oh yeah... thought u were only 6th kyu gareth, boy are garding standards slipping in England! lol!

Comment

Originally posted by senki-kendo-jos
                          may I just point out that gareth gottem off me... such a kind and helpful individual aren't I!

Oh yeah... thought u were only 6th kyu gareth, boy are garding standards slipping in England! lol!
                          Thank you to both Gareth and senki (don't know your real name).

See you both at Mumeishi?

Comment

What you not going to the Open ???

Can't make it to the 3's this year as I have a Jodo Taikai about at week or so before so I'm guessing I wil be strapped for cash. You entering the Lidstone the day before your grading ????

Comment

Hi I m getting my nidan after the Lidstone, possibly fighting against Andy Fisher !!

Autumn is a busy season... I got Iaido Taikai this weekend, Open the next... Squad training 2 weeks after, Lidstone/Nidan Shinsa... then M3... Maybe I should squeeze in a shinsa for Iaido somewhere in between...

Probably the period when the BKA get some cash...

Comment

Working...
                              X