X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificates

When will we be getting our certificates? The Western committee CKF grading has already ended and I was wondering about how long will we get them certificates, and by mail? Thanks!

Originally posted by Mysticalnet
    When will we be getting our certificates? The Western committee CKF grading has already ended and I was wondering about how long will we get them certificates, and by mail? Thanks!
    I'm part of the PNKF, and it took several monthes for our menjo to be delivered. But it may be different with your organization. But bet on a few monthes at least.

Comment

A few months!!! Wow that's so long! But anyway, thanks!

Comment

Please Mr. Postman....

Kyus come quicker but still take a while. It is painful to wait, isn't it. I am still waiting for my iaido 3-dan from back on October 3rd!!!!!! I check the mail box every day hoping to find it....

Just have to wait like the rest of us

Cheers

Comment

Well, I got Nikkyu last April, got Ikkyu last November, got my Nikkyu Menjo last week

Comment

Takes forever.....

Comment

Normally the CKF sends them to your sensei, and then he will present them to you. They've actually been much better about it recently, but I wouldn't expect them before January.

Comment

I know a guy who got his Ikkyu certificate AFTER he already passed for Shodan... If I could have tested last week for Shodan I would be in the same boat... Still waiting from March ... I know it wasnt lost cause they guys who also tested that day havent got thiers either....

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
                  Normally the CKF sends them to your sensei, and then he will present them to you. They've actually been much better about it recently, but I wouldn't expect them before January.
                  I think it was more like Feb when we got ours last. I think they wait for all the Kendo and Iaido gradings to be complete then go to work on them. At least that is the way it seems.

Comment

AUSKF MENJO

For those of you worrying about your menjo residing in the AUSKF. Here is the story.
                    First the person in your regional federation has to send it in to AUSKF. (this can sure as hell take some time) Which of these individuals is a paid employee of your federation???? Oh you don't have any!

So you are psssssing and moaning about the volunteer. Please take their place!!!!! Most are more than willing to give up their unpaid position and just practice kendo..
                    Next is the the VP of promotion that has to check and see your federations paperwork isn't all screwed up. So AUSKF federations are really consistant in being screwed up. Next the unpaid or barely paid, as in AUSKF ($1,00/certificate) person has to load in your data and have it printed out on your certificate unless you ordered a Japanese certificate. In this case it is sent over to a person to hand write in kanji all the Japanese menjo. Crap!!! I'm so sorry this takes time. What else does this person have to do????
                    Then the certificates have to be sorted and mailed back to the home federation. Once received, the certificates have to be distributed to the person who may or may not show up in the next few weeks as you lug all this crap to practice. Wait!!! didn't all I really wanted to do was practice kendo....MMMM must be some of those same subversive kendo politics like entering your dumb ass into a tournament..... yada yada yada
                    So are some of you complainers starting to volunteer????

Comment

Originally posted by jmarsten
                      For those of you worrying about your menjo residing in the AUSKF. Here is the story.
                      First the person in your regional federation has to send it in to AUSKF. (this can sure as hell take some time) Which of these individuals is a paid employee of your federation???? Oh you don't have any!

So you are psssssing and moaning about the volunteer. Please take their place!!!!!...So AUSKF federations are really consistant in being screwed up. Next the unpaid or barely paid, as in AUSKF ($1,00/certificate) person has to load in your data and have it printed out on your certificate unless you ordered a Japanese certificate...MMMM must be some of those same subversive kendo politics like entering your dumb ass into a tournament..... yada yada yada
                      Jmarsten, for those in the AUSKF I am sure that they found this..umm... enlightening. But rather than being informative, which one would invite, it seems you had your own bit of "psssssing and moaning". We try to keep the language that we use on this forum clean for those readers who may be easily offended (or for those younger viewers at home). Please keep in mind that this is an international forum, not only enjoyed in the US. Thanks.

I do not think that anyone on this forum was implying ill will towards any one or any Federation, so I hope that you were not personally offended. It is common for people to complain and to want something quicker than it can be delivered. That being said, I am sure that these forum members do not need to be scolded or referred to as an "unintelligent donkey".

I have taken it upon myself to rewrite your post in a more positive, informative and non-abrasive manner for your consideration and reflection:

For those of you who are members of the USKF, here is how the menjo process goes. The person in charge of the menjos in your regional federation has to send them in to the AUSKF. The VP of promotion has to then verify the certificates and send them on for printing. Of course, if you ordered a Japanese written menjo, there is someone who will have to hand write your information. Later, the menjo are sorted and mailed back to their appropriate federations for individual disbursement. As you all can imagine, this process can be very time consuming, not to mention that fact that these people are providing these services on a voluntary basis. By understanding this process, it becomes foreseeable that there will be a few months delay from the time you passed your promotion to the time you receive your menjo. Of course, if any members of the AUSKF would be willing to volunteer their time, it could help reduce the time of the menjo process and would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.

There you go, an explanation that leaves out all the cursing and derogatory statements that results in a more mature and friendly post that can be enjoyed by the whole family. I wish you a happy holiday season and hope you have time to relax so that you may escape your feelings of negativity from burnout.

Cheers

Comment

Paper.

Originally posted by rainmaker
                        Takes forever.....
                        It's just a piece of paper. Initially it seems important. But as you accumulate them, they are just paper.

I have got a pile of them on my office desk in my den from Aikido, Kendo, Iaido and Naginata.

It's the practice that is important. Certificates seem to me to be just a bunch of receipts -- historical records that indicate where you have been.

Comment

Originally posted by jmarsten

So you are psssssing and moaning about the volunteer. Please take their place!!!!! Most are more than willing to give up their unpaid position and just practice kendo..
                          Next is the the VP of promotion that has to check and see your federations paperwork isn't all screwed up. So AUSKF federations are really consistant in being screwed up. Next the unpaid or barely paid, as in AUSKF ($1,00/certificate) person has to load in your data and have it printed out on your certificate unless you ordered a Japanese certificate. In this case it is sent over to a person to hand write in kanji all the Japanese menjo. Crap!!! I'm so sorry this takes time. What else does this person have to do????
                          Then the certificates have to be sorted and mailed back to the home federation. Once received, the certificates have to be distributed to the person who may or may not show up in the next few weeks as you lug all this crap to practice. Wait!!! didn't all I really wanted to do was practice kendo....MMMM must be some of those same subversive kendo politics like entering your dumb ass into a tournament..... yada yada yada
                          Maybe you should go back to "just practicing kendo". If it's such a burden, why volunteer in the first place? Some people like to have some sort of physical representation of their hard work (in the form of a certificate) - is that so hard to comprehend? Chill out!
                          Joe Hibbs

Comment

Chill out

Originally posted by John Shin
                            Maybe you should go back to "just practicing kendo". If it's such a burden, why volunteer in the first place? Some people like to have some sort of physical representation of their hard work (in the form of a certificate) - is that so hard to comprehend? Chill out!
                            Joe Hibbs
                            Correct, I do need to chill out. Came out a lot worse then I realized at the time. I am very defensive of the volunteers because I know how hard they work and how under appreciated they are. Especially when it comes to the processing of the certificates.

Comment

I never ever did get a Shodan Certificate from the BKA To me that was rather sad as it was a first step.

But I they did verify that I passed to enable me to take Nidan. To be honest I have enough certificates to paper a wall. I am thinking of scanning them and burning the lot when I move.

Then again I sympathise with those just starting out. I remember those first aknowledgements of making some progress to be a high point in my life.

Now I find the whole system rather annoying with this, "What grade are you taking next?" obsession and gave up on it some years ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X