X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hachidan

I recently watched a video about kendo and it said even though 10 dan is the highest rank hachidan is the hardest rank test to pass. In All Japane Kendo Federation only 0.8% pass the test. One man tried for hachidan 25 times and dind't make it. It even took Kenichi Ishida(all Japan Kendo Federation Champion) 3 times to get his hachidan.

Is any body here hachidan? How many time did it take you to pass this test?
    I have respect for all kendoka, but if you are hachidan I give you my utmost respect. I really have to give a hand to all you hachidan out there.

Dear Richiro,

Stop starting so many threads that have been covered before.

Search function is your friend.

Kthxcya.

Comment

Originally posted by Andoru
      Dear Richiro,

Stop starting so many threads that have been covered before.

Search function is your friend.

Kthxcya.
      OK. I just did a search and the only ones i found were all about people trying to get the video on vhs. I want to Talk about People that have made hachi dan and what it took them to get there.

Comment

Originally posted by Richiro
        I recently watched a video about kendo and it said even though 10 dan is the highest rank hachidan is the hardest rank test to pass.
        Hachidan Hanshi is the highest rank now. That documentary was made before the change happened.

That's an awesome video though. I have it on my computer and watch it all the time.

Comment

im not sure if u can find hachi dans here...u might but they might only be able to type in kanji

Comment

is it true miyazaki owns in hachi dan competitions..like he owned AJK Championships ?

Comment

Originally posted by Pokie
              is it true miyazaki owns in hachi dan competitions..like he owned AJK Championships ?
              Miyazaki (Masahiro) hasn't gotten his Hachidan yrt as he is not yet eligible. He does own the Nanadan competitions though.

Comment

Pretty soon...somebody will ask for the millionth time.. "Did Kai Miyamoto ever pass the 8 Dan test?"

Orayakab

Comment

I don't think a hachidan should be in KW ..

Comment

Originally posted by Lloromannic
                    Miyazaki (Masahiro) hasn't gotten his Hachidan yrt as he is not yet eligible. He does own the Nanadan competitions though.
                    oh ya ! I think he already won like 3 times?

that guy is nuts

Comment

I found this on the isenokami.com :

"The 15th "Marume Kurando celebration all 7-dan invitational championships" was held in Kumamoto pref. on 29th Nov.
                      Masahiro Miyazaki won for the 5 times!(2nd straight year!)
                      T.Ishida lots at semi-final."

Comment

Marume Kurando

I was lucky enough to go to this tournament-it was awesome to see the Miyazaki brothers, the Terachi brothers, one half of the Eiga duo (Naoki was out with a torn achilles' apparently) Ishida among others all in the same room. Since you're talking about hachi-dan, they were the ones judging!
                        The whole tournament took place on one raised court so you could watch every match closely. A shot I took of Miayzaki after he won was identical to the one that ended up in Kendo Nihon in February
                        The best part was that it was free admission and a very small (high school gym-sized) venue. If you're in the area, I definitely recommend going-see you next year!

Comment

I've watched the tournament on DVD (thanks Taek) - it was indeed spectacular.

By the way, Eiga Naoki is now nanadan?

Comment

Originally posted by Richiro
                            It even took Kenichi Ishida(all Japan Kendo Federation Champion) 3 times to get his hachidan.
                            Don't want to be a nerd, but it actually took him five times...

Comment

Haha, forgot to mention, I've done keiko with H.Yamada, winner of the all hachi-dan competition. He visited my dojo three times on previous occasions. Wonderful kendoka with immense knowledge.

It was an honour.

Comment

Working...
                              X