Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

DOes anyone know 'bout a kendo dojo 'round Liverpool?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOes anyone know 'bout a kendo dojo 'round Liverpool?

oh hello there guys! I'm also looking for a dojo myself... I live 'round Southport, <so liverpool, ainsdale...(and so on) would be fine>... any help everyone??

I'm a sure biginner, so I'm pretty scared... I really really want to practice kendo...I already have a shinai and bokken...my sister n me 'pretend' to be kendokas... hehe..silly isn't it?

I just arrived from Philippines last year... I started to 'fascinate' 'bout kendo when I was at 6th grade... our school held a martial arts day, and so i tried kendo (and other martial arts)...then after that I got tied to it... unfortunately, I'm not allowed; as in FORBIDDEN to practice it... the worse came when I saw the anime Rurouni Kenshin...I sooooo soooo soooo envy everybody!!! But hey, I was just a kid then, 'now that I'm in d proper age (i think)... Im hoping I could get away this time...heh...^_^

If i can provide everything for my mom, (the dojo, sensei, everything...) she might let me go! ^_^ so please everyone!!! Im desperate!! huhu...pls.pls.pls.pls... mwuuah! Thanks to all!
    I know it's quite stupid to talk about this in a 'personal way'...but i'm just desperate! Ok everybody, byebye...hope someone replies...

Kiera

Try here:
    www.kendo.org.uk

Jakob

Comment

nope...I already tried it... too twisted, I cant find anywhere near liverpool (wherever is the closest)... Anyway, thanks for the information.!

Comment

Try again:

http://www.kendo.org.uk/dojo/england.shtml

Liverpool Kendo
        North Mossley Hill Rd.
        IM Marsh Campus
        Liverpool John Moores University
        Liverpool L17 6BD

Comment

Arigato! Arigato gozaimasu JSchmidt-san!! you have been very helpful, indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by JSchmidt

Liverpool Kendo
            North Mossley Hill Rd.
            IM Marsh Campus
            Liverpool John Moores University
            Liverpool L17 6BD

Good dojo, the head sensei is called Billy Ware, he is a really top bloke.

Also there is plenty of Kendo in the NW of GB. Liverpool, Manchester, Bolton, Halifax and of course Preston (my dojo)

Comment

Originally posted by D'Artagnan
              Good dojo, the head sensei is called Billy Ware, he is a really top bloke.

Also there is plenty of Kendo in the NW of GB. Liverpool, Manchester, Bolton, Halifax and of course Preston (my dojo)
              So you are from Preston, is it near Blackpool or Lytham then? Just need to ask so that if I ever get a chance to go there I might visit your dojo

Comment

Originally posted by Miravil
                So you are from Preston, is it near Blackpool or Lytham then? Just need to ask so that if I ever get a chance to go there I might visit your dojo
                Yes it is!

In fact I am from Blackpool, The dojo is in Preston (just about 20mins away)

Are you familiar with the area?

Of course you are more than welcome to visit the dojo if you ever are visiting here!

Comment

Yes it is!

In fact I am from Blackpool, The dojo is in Preston (just about 20mins away)

Are you familiar with the area?

Of course you are more than welcome to visit the dojo if you ever are visiting here!
                  Thanks for the warm welcome . I'm not familiar with Blackpool nor Preston, only heard about it from my friend. I won't be there in the near future, maybe a year or 2 later. Hope by then I will have the honour to keiko with you.

Comment

Originally posted by Miravil
                    Thanks for the warm welcome . I'm not familiar with Blackpool nor Preston, only heard about it from my friend. I won't be there in the near future, maybe a year or 2 later. Hope by then I will have the honour to keiko with you.
                    Woi! suure you can keiko or not...Darty boy is quite the 'leng chai' one ar...

Comment

Originally posted by KhawMengLee
                      How do you know he is leng chai? you seen him before meh? I won't be able to see the face of my opponent when they have their 'men' on except you as you are wearing that black frog goggles...hehe

Comment

What's 'leng chai' then????

Comment

What's 'leng chai' then????
                          Leng Chai(leh-ang che-ai) = Pretty Boy.

haha...

Comment

Leng Chai(leh-ang che-ai) = Pretty Boy.

haha...

hahahaha fair enough, that's me alright, 'The Original Ginger Leng Chai' hahaha

Comment

hahahaha fair enough, that's me alright, 'The Original Ginger Leng Chai' hahaha
                              Why the word Ginger???

Comment

Working...
                              X