X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan Hitokiri?

I belive there were hitokiri (assassin) before and during the Bakamatsu in Japan. Anybody know if they exist today?

Actually, yes they do...but they're not very good because they're on tv all the time...you might have seen them, ever heard of such cartoons as "Rurouni Kenshin" and stuff..?

Comment

Izint dare some Anime forumz dat youz can visitz?????? Maybez youz can daydreamz wid da odda cosplay & anime dorkz...

Comment

Actually I heard they're recruiting in Connecticut right now...
        You have to be willing to give up your normal everyday life and they will fly you to Japan and train you in the secret art of the reverse blade katana.

Comment

But the most important question they ask you is : have anyone seen your face yet?

Comment

... wow you guys really enjoy mocking me, dont you? I read about Hitkoiris in a history book at school. -.-x is there a problem with liking the history of Japan? lol ^^x'

Comment

Times change, so I doubt there is a place in today's society for assassins. I'm sure most people assume this. The only other name for an "assassin" today would be mafia guy or thug. I'm sure that's why your post is not being taken seriously.

Comment

Hitokiri is just a word for assassin, there wasn't an assassin class or something. I think they were just samurai ordered to kill someone, nothing more.

And don't start talking about ninja, I have a bad feeling about it.....

Comment

Ninja ? I like the sound of that , lets get the thread going

Comment

ninjas lose to samurais

Comment

Originally posted by nodachi
                      Times change, so I doubt there is a place in today's society for assassins. I'm sure most people assume this. The only other name for an "assassin" today would be mafia guy or thug. I'm sure that's why your post is not being taken seriously.
                      I believe that organizations like the CIA, Mossad etc, runs that sort of "biznizz". The infamous swedish spo probably would if they could only find their way out of eachothers bottoms first (maybe slighty unfair but... nah!)
                      Maybe they are not always as "stealthy" as you expect an assassin to be but that's just splitting hairs.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenshin Himura
                        I belive there were hitokiri (assassin) before and during the Bakamatsu in Japan. Anybody know if they exist today?
                        Yep you got it right Baka-matsu

Comment

Originally posted by Hyaku
                          I didn't even notice that one

Comment

Every counrty that has a modern military has some form of 'assassin' whether they are defined as an arm of the state intelligence gathering agency or a specialized unit of that nations military. As Japan had limitations placed upon it's military by the Allied powers in WWII I doubt that they have such a thing now. (unless the US has turned a blind eye twoards it's formation) I have read that some yakuza gangs have specially trained members that specialize in killing rivial mob bosses but most information regarding the yakuza is questionable at best. From a military history perspective I would say you posed an interesting question Kenshin.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyaku
                              obviously referring to the Stupid Pine Tree

Comment

Working...
                              X