X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• samurai hero's

who yould you say is your favorite samurai, and why?

not just for his or her talent with weapons but over all

genji

Tsubaki Sanjuro. Drinks to think better. Left-handed iai. Rides off into the sunset.

Brian

Comment

Mr. Clark

John Terrence Kelly.

Comment

I second sanjuro. Both movies just rocked.

Comment

hmm cant really say a favorite..

Miyamoto musashi, yagyu munenori, saigo takamori..historical characters mind you, but I admire them more than most movie characters..

btw saigo is the guy the last samurai was based on (katsumoto) albeit roughly

Comment

yagyu jubei

Comment

Originally posted by Twobitmage
              Miyamoto musashi, yagyu munenori, saigo takamori..historical characters mind you,
              but I admire them more than most movie characters..
              btw saigo is the guy the last samurai was based on (katsumoto) albeit roughly
              If you want to find out more about Saigo Takamori, the historical background to "The Last Samurai",
              I recommend this link for further reading. N'joy.

//magnus
              Bergen Kendo Klubb

Comment

Originally posted by Twobitmage
                Miyamoto musashi
                like that one really.......wohhhhw

Comment

For me it's Sakamoto Ryouma, arguably not quite the typical samurai like the previously mentioned ones but a samurai nontheless.

Comment

Taira no Masakado

It would have to be Taira no Masakado.

Comment

Miyamoto musashi I liked the Samurai 1-3 movies, was a good series of movies. Also led me to read the book of 5 rings.

Comment

I remember reading a true story about a samurai named Torii. His castle was under siege and he had escaped to go for reinforcements. On his way back to the castle to inform them help was on its way, he was captured by the enemy.

The enemy samurai took Torii to the gates of the castle and told him to tell his people that the bid for help had failed, and they must surrender immediately or face annihilation.

Torii told them to hang on, help was coming. He was killed on the spot.

Comment

Having read Eiji Yosikawa's Musashi, I have to say I like Sasaki Kojiro as he is portrayed in the novel...especially his Tsubamegaeshi waza and Drying Pole ^^
                          He gets style points anyway...even though he is the rival of the main character.

Comment

I have to go with Yoshitsune. His historic life was incredible and the myths that grew to surround his life are great too. Plus he had a very colorful companion in the warrior-monk, Benkei.

Comment

Does samurai jack count as one- lol

Kikojyio from the seven samurai. Is he actually a samurai though- not in real life but in the movie- could he be counted as one? I guess, or else it would be called the six samurai and the madman. Regardless, hes my favorite. Not as cool as that guy that fights in waki though, but coolness doesn't "ALWAYS" dictate my favorite

Comment

Working...
                              X