Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!!

Originally posted by Hisham
    If i'm not mistaken, Ezzze's point is that most of the members of the Korean IKF branch are for an olympic Kendo... blah.
    Are you sure you are reading the same article as everyone else?

Originally posted by EzzzE
    this is what i have observed in fights between korean and japanese highranking kendokas. blah blah blah...
    WTF?!? Now are you not saying you are putting up a kendo vs kumdo discussion????

For the rest of the people, you are only allowed to raise any kendo/kumdo discussion again if you:-

...have actually SEEN someone practicing kumdo in front of your eyes, LIVE.
    ...are from Korea.
    ...have not seen some Japanese who shove their opponent, whose aim for practice is to win shiai, etc. etc.

Therefore, do not form your own judgement after reading that little piece of text.

btw I quote people in blah blahs because it is a waste of time re-reading every word of those blah blah. At least I know how to quote properly, so dont complain.

Soapdish: FYI the national squad from Japan was only selected 3 months before the 12th WKC.

Comment

soapdish:
      tzuba-zerai:
      well i see you point, i myself am 185cm and moving 85kg, so if i wanted to force poeple from our kendo club i would get 90% of them to the floor, i just don't think the idea of breaking someones kamae through knocking him over is very kendo-like.(besides, to score a point while he's down is hard ) i understand that a 190 90kg player against an 165 60kg player will have an clear strength/weight advantage.
      modernisation:
      what you say is true, but doesn't exclude kumdo maybe beeing open to more change?

mingshi yes we are talking about the same article, i started this thread because of your avatar....

maybe, just maybe the olympics and kendo future discussion is not entirely discussable without kumdo? ^^

err if we are only able to discuss this with mentioned points, go ahead, find the few people here and , eh let every one else have no opinion, ...but somehow i feel haveing no discussion is somewhat odd at an discussion board.

sry hisham didn't see the article board

Comment

oh wow...kendo/kumdo...not much of a big deal here..we get along well

Comment

Originally posted by mingshi
          Are you sure you are reading the same article as everyone else?
          First of all chill out ,relax and make way to reason ,second of all yes i know how to do the process called clicking on a link and the other called reading.The question is did you understand the article ?if you don't agree with some or all the points Alex made, you should've posted about it that way things would've gotten clearer for you and everybody.

btw I quote people in blah blahs because it is a waste of time re-reading every word of those blah blah. At least I know how to quote properly, so dont complain.
          About your Blah quoting technic, if you don't want to reread something or point to it ,don't quote it period. May be you don't see it as disrespectfull but some people do,for me it's no kenshi attitude.There's a way to disagree without lashing out at somebody.

For the rest of the people, you are only allowed to raise any kendo/kumdo discussion again if you:-

...have actually SEEN someone practicing kumdo in front of your eyes, LIVE.
          ...are from Korea.
          ...have not seen some Japanese who shove their opponent, whose aim for practice is to win shiai, etc. etc
          Not being from some place doesn't mean you're not allowed to discuss things related to it plus nobody here said that he/she's an expert.
          If Ezzze is wrong or anybody out here for that matter, post your arguments why as Soapdish did, if you don't feel like it then just ignore this thread.
          Last edited by Hisham; 11th January 2005, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EzzzE
            mingshi yes we are talking about the same article, i started this thread because of your avatar....
            Whats wrong with my purple nasu?!!!???? You herbivore!! Sort out your English and your kendo first!!!

Comment

Do you ever answer some-ones post without either criticism, nit picking or sarcasm Mingshi? . I bet you think about things to say to people all day long at University or wherever you go everyday .

Comment

"soapdish:
                tzuba-zerai:
                well i see you point, i myself am 185cm and moving 85kg, so if i wanted to force poeple from our kendo club i would get 90% of them to the floor, i just don't think the idea of breaking someones kamae through knocking him over is very kendo-like.(besides, to score a point while he's down is hard ) i understand that a 190 90kg player against an 165 60kg player will have an clear strength/weight advantage.
                modernisation:
                what you say is true, but doesn't exclude kumdo maybe beeing open to more change?"

Point taken regarding Kumdo practitioners from Korea being open to change.

However i still think you miss the point re taller players, I think what Aiga Sensei was getting at was that when he was in Tsuba Tserai or like situations against the Koreans there wasn't that big a difference to being in tsuba zerai with a Japanese player. I don't think Korean players try to knock down smaller players with physical height and advantage. I still believe you misconceive that point.

I know its a small point but things like:
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by EzzzE

started because Hisham mis-quotes the source. Hisham referred to the fact that most Korean IKF members are for the olympics. Personally I disagree the reference to that support comes from Bennet Sensei who quotes the managing director of the Korean Kumdo Association. That certainly represents the view of one member but not the whole. It certainly has weight but is not a blanket statement for "most Korean IKF members". Therefore I submit Mingshi was entitled to her retort.

Its these little things which cause hiccups and tension. You can't just make rash statements like this cause it does cause problems. The Bennet article was inherently tied to the Kendo/Kumdo debate which had at its thesis the question of olympic potential.

That aside, after careful reflection I would fear Kendo/Kumdo being an olympic sport. However taking the quote from the Managing Director his intent for Kendo/Kumdo being an olympic event is to get wider attention and funding. Perhaps the funding Korea receives is adequte considering that a 400000 member association can really give the million member Japanese renmei a run for their money. I think the managing directors' quote was directed to smaller renmeis. However the sad fact is that olympics do ruin the pure aspects of martial arts eg tae kwon do. I submit that if Kendo/Kumdo was to be olympics there should be absolutely no compromise between how it is practiced now and how it should be shown as an olympic event. After all they did not change the rules for Tennis did they? I use the example of tennis because it is has wide appeal, and the reason why they changed Tae Kwon Do was because it was not 'objectively' simple enough (please correct me if im wrong). Thus I have no doubt that they would do the same for Kendo/Kumdo.

At the end of the day Mishams quote shows one thing. We (as in the members) really need to make our position clear regarding the olympics. I personally would not like it to become an event if it comprimised the traditional shiai rules. I agree with Korean Managing Directors views that Kumdo/Kendo needs wider appeal, but the means are important. We the members are the means of making Kendo/Kumdo more popular and appealing. But then again as long as we practice conscientiously then there's nothing really to worry about is there?

Comment

Originally posted by soapdish
                  "soapdish:
                  That certainly represents the view of one member but not the whole. It certainly has weight but is not a blanket statement for "most Korean IKF members". Therefore I submit Mingshi was entitled to her retort.
                  You're absolutely right, I meant to type KKA admins instead of members, sorry for that mistake, but as far as Mingshi's retort i stand by my last post, she would be intitled to it if i had a flaming history.
                  Her last reply to Ezzze isn't mislpaced tho.
                  Tx again for the correction.
                  Last edited by Hisham; 11th January 2005, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Musha
                    Do you ever blah blah blah...
                    Hey you! STOP STALKING ME!! You creepy freak #@$&%#!!!

Comment

zzz still that again

Comment

Well yu set yourself up Musha , just kidding

Comment

I'd be impressed if it was some thing original , people always resort for immature things when they run out of things to say.

Comment

By nature, men just cannot grow up .... Word "Mature" is created by woman which man are nothing to do...

Originally posted by Musha
                            I'd be impressed if it was some thing original , people always resort for immature things when they run out of things to say.

Comment

I can't believe I read this whole post. I am spent!

Comment

Originally posted by rainmaker
                                By nature, men just cannot grow up .... Word "Mature" is created by woman which man are nothing to do...
                                hehehe typical woman thinking ,if you mean by that playing video games till we die then i agree

Comment

Working...
                                X