Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korean TV Documentary

Korean TV Documentary called "Young Man, holding a sword.."

It is story about two Univeristy Kendokas who won national youth championship from different Universities. It is Korean and shows how they practice. And final episode shows about their match. Enjoy !!!!

1st Episode
    mms://highspeed.ebs.co.kr/3gg7/0003167/20060703_213246_001_hq.wmv

2nd Episode
    mms://highspeed.ebs.co.kr/3gg7/0003167/20060704_213056_001_hq.wmv

3rd Episode
    mms://highspeed.ebs.co.kr/3gg7/0003167/20060705_213203_001_hq.wmv

If you are having difficulty watching this

Download reg file from this link and install reg file.

http://211.234.117.186/down/WMP10.reg

Do you have this in file to download?
    buffering pissing me off.

Comment

I wish.... but sorry I don't.... You need faster internet connection...

Originally posted by justin615
      Do you have this in file to download?
      buffering pissing me off.

Comment

Rainmaker, you are the king.

Comment

Quick story update. Youngin Univ. is like Japanese Budo Univ. They are specialize in sports activities and those who major in Kumdo stays in residence and practice about 6 hours aday. Kyunghoon is the 4th year students who has been won all the chmpionship except last year. He was lost by Youngwhan who is from Taegu univ. It is Kyunghoon's last competition before the graduation and he really want to payback from last year defeat. Youngwhan has been second place at the championship all his life except last year. He beat Kyunghoon and want to win the game again. Problem is both are injured. Kyunghoon has injured his foot and Youngwhan has flu.. Anyway, I am still watching second episode...

During this documentary, it also shows how they practice and how the relationship is like between sampai and apprentice. Sampai is being treated like a God... They deliver dinner to him, wash their cloth and carry their stuff...

I will update other story later...

Originally posted by rainmaker
          Korean TV Documentary called "Young Man, holding a sword.."

It is story about two Univeristy Kendokas who won national youth championship from different Universities. It is Korean and shows how they practice. And final episode shows about their match. Enjoy !!!!

1st Episode
          mms://highspeed.ebs.co.kr/3gg7/0003167/20060703_213246_001_hq.wmv

2nd Episode
          mms://highspeed.ebs.co.kr/3gg7/0003167/20060704_213056_001_hq.wmv

3rd Episode
          mms://highspeed.ebs.co.kr/3gg7/0003167/20060705_213203_001_hq.wmv

If you are having difficulty watching this

Download reg file from this link and install reg file.

http://211.234.117.186/down/WMP10.reg

Comment

His name is byunghoon, not kyunghoon

Comment

Wicked. Thanks Rainmaker.

Awooga Guy will find a way to hack the clips out of that page. Stay tuned...

That is all.

Comment

There's a program called Stream Down which can save mms streams into files.

Comment

I sent these files to my sabaunim, and he asked me if I wanted to go to Kumdo college(he has serious hookups), so I might be going next year, how crazy is that?!

Comment

Awesome. Hey, what's a reg file?

Comment

meh, it doesnt work

Comment

Originally posted by rainmaker
                        Quick story update. Youngin Univ. is like Japanese Budo Univ. They are specialize in sports activities and those who major in Kumdo stays in residence and practice about 6 hours aday. Kyunghoon is the 4th year students who has been won all the chmpionship except last year. He was lost by Youngwhan who is from Taegu univ. It is Kyunghoon's last competition before the graduation and he really want to payback from last year defeat. Youngwhan has been second place at the championship all his life except last year. He beat Kyunghoon and want to win the game again. Problem is both are injured. Kyunghoon has injured his foot and Youngwhan has flu.. Anyway, I am still watching second episode...

During this documentary, it also shows how they practice and how the relationship is like between sampai and apprentice. Sampai is being treated like a God... They deliver dinner to him, wash their cloth and carry their stuff...

I will update other story later...
                        If you won't update, I'll just go ahead and do it for KW.

As rain mentioned, Park Byunghoon (Byunhoon Park for Western style) has won the college championship title several time, but a year ago No Younghwan (Younghwan No) took the title from him. Byunghoon mentions, you never remember the people who you beat, but always remember the people who beat you.

In the first episode Younghwan is being given acupuncture. Apparently he was getting pains from an accident he had as a child. They also never mention this during the shiai. Byunghoon suffered an ankle injury.
                        A funny quote:
                        Younghwan's mom: "I can't do kendo myself, but when it comes to watching, I'm a 9 dan."

The second episode goes deeper into the characters. Daegu Uni's coach is upset because Younghwan can't seem to bring out his best. He tells the camera, "to be frank, I don't think he can do it. Park Byounghoon is one hell of a player afterall."
                        Youngin Uni gets a surprise announcement from their coach. He has to go to Japan for a conference. Byunghoon is put in charge of the dojo and getting ready for the tournament. That banner they were showing off in the dorm is the "Champion's Banner" or something like that. Every year, the university that wins the team match gets to take that to their college. The previous year, Youngin Uni won the rights to the banner.
                        Back at Daegu Uni. While Youngin is practing without a coach, Daegu uni's dojo gets to practice with the Korean National team (I don't know if they are this years team or the previous WKC team). Younghwan is asked what he felt after watching the National Team fight (before he goes up). He says that the National Team is completely different in speed, strength and accuracy. Younghwan loses 1-0 by a do.
                        At night, both players cant sleep. Byounghoon sits on his bed while Younghwan practices by himself. His kohai says to the interviewer that YH tends to practice by himself at night a lot.

The third episode is the day of the tournament. You find out that Byounghoon and Younghwan are friendly rivals and know each other well. BH also says that he wasn't planning on entering the individual shiah until he heard YH was entering. Remember BH has an ankle injury, and YH seems to have caught a flu.
                        BH fights first. It takes him a while to defeat his opponent with a do. The narrator says that he seems to be in a lot of pain, and wonders if he can continue the shiai.
                        YH wins his shiai really fast. He gets men and do. The interview guy asks him if his body is feeling better, but YH answers that it feels weird. (His mom is holding the gi YH wore as a child).
                        BH again gets ready for his fight (round of 16). He asks the camera man how YH is doing, the camera man answers that YH won the match very easily. BH replies, "I doubt I'll win this one easily." He doesn't, in fact he loses. Kote at overtime.
                        The parents talk to each other about how both players seem to be weak this shiai. "They're bodies are heavy." The parents became friendly after meeting each other countlessly at different shiais.
                        YH goes to the quaterfinals, but loses by a do at the very beginning of the match. (Why do Koreans use do so much?)
                        After the shiai is over Youngin Uni goes to their dojo to practice for team matches.
                        Team matches: Youngin Uni loses the first match. Daegu fights to the finals.
                        I don't know what happened, but I think there is a wild card match or something? Youngin Uni wins that and also fights to the finals.
                        The two team fights hard, but Daegu takes it 5:1 (The team match in this shiai involves 7 members not 5). That ends the show.

Comment

i'd love english subtitles

Comment

Sorry, I wish I can help you but I do not have resources or time to do this. Finding kendo media files on the net take much longer than I thought...

Originally posted by bobdonny
                            i'd love english subtitles

Comment

I like in part 2 where they seem to be doing some kind of demo for junior students. His kirikaeshi is simply a beautiful blur of strikes. And that men kaeshi do drill he does is soooo intense. Love this show.

Comment

Working...
                              X