X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone already seen this???

Somehow I think this guy didn't study kendo in Japan as he claims...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkgijcNS-Vc

sheesh... ????????

Comment

He has a similarly..... interesting approach to iai as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0RAs4gxE7Q

"Soke Joe" - how very sad.

Comment

the guy in the white keiko-gi yelled, ouch! lol funny stuff. At the end, you see him just throw the shinai away?
        I vote Backyard Ninjer Hall of Fame
        Last edited by Bokushingu; 21st April 2007, 06:36 AM.

Comment

That...was painfull to even watch...

Comment

one of the saddest things I have ever seen... whats this guy neuronal problem?

Comment

he probably took 1 kumdo class, and think he could teach it because i can hear the moris and houris, and yes its really funny when he hit the other guy on the back of the head

Comment

perhaps he was trained by sensei Ronald Gotlin--LMAO

Comment

kendo vid doesnt seem to work now... someone post the usual KW friendly comment or something?

anyway, here is Soke Miller.

Comment

Remember, the more patches you have, the better you are. I just sewed like...4 American flag patches on my gi, and I can already feel the difference. Once I buy my American flag print hakama, its on! Before I had no patches...then, one day...I finally understood the true meaning of swordmanship. If I could purchase enough patches from the Century Martial Arts catalog, and combine the skills I recieved from those patches with a practical way to defend myself in the street, AND at home, I would finally know the feeling of being an ultimate warrior. At first I wasted my time with silly pursuits such as kendo. Once I realized this was a waste of a TRUE swordman's time, I discarded the shinai, and replaced it with hours of dedication to the oar katas. One fatefull day, while I was perfecting my poses with my close friend, and master swordsman ,Drexer, I was approached by a man named Ronald Gotlin. I knew he was also a serious swordsman, because his zekken read "san dan". He developed my tsuki thrust to its full potential. Unfortunately,(for him), my techniques eventually surpassed his, and I felt there was nothing else I could learn. Alas...something was still missing I felt. Naturally, I searched Youtube for the answer. There it was, plain as day. All the great soke had the best patches, and here I stand today... Musashi reincarnated! Rarrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oroshi View Post
                      He has a similarly..... interesting approach to iai as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0RAs4gxE7Q

"Soke Joe" - how very sad.
                      Interesting is a good way of putting it. Even I could see some of the mistakes the guy made and I'm rubbish at iaido (just a beginner)! He just didn't flow at all and it all looked very stilted. I've watched our senior guys, especially the sensei, at the dojo and they seem to flow almost effortlessly through the kata. You can see the pauses between moves with this guy.

The first comment on the video made me laugh. Obviously someone who doesn't know iaido or a brown nose.

Comment

Originally posted by samurai80 View Post
                        Remember, the more patches you have, the better you are. I just sewed like...4 American flag patches on my gi, and I can already feel the difference. Once I buy my American flag print hakama, its on! Before I had no patches...then, one day...I finally understood the true meaning of swordmanship. If I could purchase enough patches from the Century Martial Arts catalog, and combine the skills I recieved from those patches with a practical way to defend myself in the street, AND at home, I would finally know the feeling of being an ultimate warrior. At first I wasted my time with silly pursuits such as kendo. Once I realized this was a waste of a TRUE swordman's time, I discarded the shinai, and replaced it with hours of dedication to the oar katas. One fatefull day, while I was perfecting my poses with my close friend, and master swordsman ,Drexer, I was approached by a man named Ronald Gotlin. I knew he was also a serious swordsman, because his zekken read "san dan". He developed my tsuki thrust to its full potential. Unfortunately,(for him), my techniques eventually surpassed his, and I felt there was nothing else I could learn. Alas...something was still missing I felt. Naturally, I searched Youtube for the answer. There it was, plain as day. All the great soke had the best patches, and here I stand today... Musashi reincarnated! Rarrrrrrr!!!!!!!
                        YOURE LYING !!! Theyre THE VERY Real Musashi Ryu and Offspring ! ph34r them !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHjhNfwVzgA
                        Last edited by ZtefaNNN[K]; 22nd April 2007, 03:25 AM. Reason: URL

Comment

The video could''ve used more patches.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenshi View Post
                            kendo vid doesnt seem to work now... someone post the usual KW friendly comment or something?

anyway, here is Soke Miller.
                            Er....yeah, I said something along the lines of "Either your 'Sensei' is a charlatan or you're trying to sell a line of horsecrap. Either way, please put that wakazashi away before you kill someone and/or yourself."

Now he's vanished.

Comment

Omg...I'm reading his testimonials and this came up:

http://www.taizanryu.com/testimonials.php

I am sure you remember about my medical issue of bleeding from my rectal area, which was caused from the treatment of my heart attack. The medication for the heart attack acted as a diuretic and my body became dehydrated. This caused a tear on my bottom and the tear has been bleeding constantly on and off since February 2006.

Well, I was scheduled for an operation that involved cutting vital muscles and sewing parts of my back end; something I have been trying to put off hoping it would heal. However, all western medicine and medical advice was pointing me to the operating room for June the 16, just a week after you left here for home.

Fortunately for me, while you were here you worked on my meridian lines in the area of my bottom; it actually felt like you were giving me a lower back massage. However, to my surprise and the surprise of the surgeon, I stopped bleeding two days after your therapy! The surgeon cannot explain this fact and I certainly had not changed anything in my daily routine. Yet after four months of bleeding, Percocet pain pills, hours of soaking in a bathtub filled with hot water and Epson salt (western medical treatments), all came to a halt after you worked your magic on me.

Comment

Working...
                              X