X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musashi no Ken anime online

Through a random search on the internet (like it always seems to be), I recently found that someone posted the Musashi no Ken anime as a torrent. I haven't finished downloading it yet so I don't even know if it will complete, but it seems like it's the first seven episodes.

For those of you that don't know, this anime is VERY expensive, being over $400 for the whole series if you were to buy it online. As I don't have that much money just lying around, this could be a nice preview before one decides to take the plunge.

Anywho, here's the link!

Thanks, Christopher!

Comment

Actually, I got the Chinese-subtitled and licensed version for about US$30

Got lucky as they were clearing overstock....

Comment

YES! This is what kendo is like. We are soldier boys (?!?).

Comment

At this rate, it seems like it will be several weeks before it's fully downloaded. Too bad that it's the only affordable option for me.

Comment

I downloaded. It took 15 hours. And it doesn't have subtitles. Only Japanese audio.

Comment

Originally posted by DCPan View Post
              Actually, I got the Chinese-subtitled and licensed version for about US$30

Got lucky as they were clearing overstock....
              So is that what it's about? I just ordered some copies myself at YesAsia, and they should be here in a few days. I'm glad that there is a cheaper, more honest way to get the episodes. By the way DCPan, how do you like the DVDs?

For reference, here is Box 1 and Box 2 for those of you that decide to get the full version.

Comment

I am enjoying this! I can follow it, even though I don't speak Japanese.

What's the dog's name? Daiji?

BTW, the mom is hawt!

Comment

I saw her boobies in part 2. Boobies...heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Anime12478 View Post
                    By the way DCPan, how do you like the DVDs?
                    I knew the animation was going to be dated as I saw in on Star TV (Chinese Cable) before.

The changed the story here and there from the comic, but I think it's cute.

I think the DVDs are great for $30, I certainly wouldn't pay hundreds of dollars for it.

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                    I am enjoying this! I can follow it, even though I don't speak Japanese.

What's the dog's name? Daiji?

BTW, the mom is hawt!
                    The dog's name is To-ichi, which is a play on number because the dog was like rescued on the 11th or something like that.

Similarly, the sounds for 634 was musashi for some strange reason...as the main hero was born on June 3rd at 4:00pm, the same time the father won the tournament.

Comment

Is that why they named him that? I thought he said something like, "Good name for a kendoist! Plus, it's like our hero, the great Miyamoto Musashi!"

So, this show, it's about the child of two strong kendoists and his adventures in kendo, school and family?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                        Is that why they named him that? I thought he said something like, "Good name for a kendoist! Plus, it's like our hero, the great Miyamoto Musashi!"

So, this show, it's about the child of two strong kendoists and his adventures in kendo, school and family?
                        Pretty much. The cool part is there's actually discussion re: kendo as sport vs kendo as budo, and the importance of spirit vs. technique.

The interludes with nito and Jigen Ryu and iai doesn't hurt either.

Comment

Originally posted by DCPan View Post
                          Pretty much. The cool part is there's actually discussion re: kendo as sport vs kendo as budo, and the importance of spirit vs. technique.

The interludes with nito and Jigen Ryu and iai doesn't hurt either.
                          Now comes the problem of understanding that discussion. Japanese is hard enough in it's basic form, but adding a lot of the dialects depending on the given reigon makes things a bit harder. I've gotten used to reading all that Iwate ben to the point of understanding most of it, but I haven't actually heard it until a week ago.

I'm still waiting for the DVDs to come in though. There is no way to track it because, for some reason, USPS has to be the most inneficient postal service when it comes to tracking packages online.

Also, does anyone know of any sites that might go over the differences between the different dialects or something?

Comment

Episode 2 questions!

1) Can I just say that I love the dad's unibrow? Why does he start training bare-chested with ice water in the snow?

Comment

2) How old is Musashi? Does he stay the same age throughout the series?

3) Did Toichi permanently lose his eye?!

4) Is part of he problem that Musashi has injured his arm in the dog fight and now must train extra to get the strength back? They think it will affect his tenouchi?

5) What is his problem with the grey-haired portly dude (name?)?

Comment

Working...
                              X