Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Act now and sign up for the petition to save the practice of kendo thatwe love in Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Act now and sign up for the petition to save the practice of kendo thatwe love in

Objection to adopting the "The HKKA kendo coach malicious hits the student as injury" (preceeding Kendo coach negligence case) as case law

The judgement of the case in the High Court in Hong Kong between the President of the Hong Kong Kendo Association, Po-kit, WONG (the defendant) and a 41 years old solicitor at the time, Yin-hin, WAI (the plaintiff), who claimed damages for personal injuries suffered during Kendo had been given by the judge Sakhrani J. The judgement stated that the defendant owed a duty of care to the plaintiff and there had been a breach of that duty. The judge further held that the injuries sustained by the plaintiff were caused by the defendant and the plaintiff was awarded the agreed damages of HK$260,000. Mr. Wong has filed a Notice of Appeal with the trial court. During the Waiting time, we would like to ask for your support to the appeal because of the following reasons,

1. Expertise(s) of the martial art was/were not present in the first trial;

2. The legal system of Hong Kong is based on the Common Law. The judgement of the case WILL DEFINITELY BECOME a STARE DECISIS which set a sample to all similar cases in the future. Students who practice martial arts, including Muay Thai (Thai Boxing), Filipino Martial Arts, Taekwondo, Boxing have their chance to hit their fellow classmates and instructors and be hit by them as part of the training. If the case becomes a sample, the court will be flooded with similar cases from other sports. This will no doubt ruined martial arts practices in the world.

3. Most martial art instructors are merely passionate volunteers who would like to promote what they are interested in to our younger generations, they are not professionally trained to clarify medically whether the students who choose to walk into the arena and start the practice of the martial art is physically suitable for the training.

Act now and sign up for the petition to save the practice of martial arts we love in
    http://www.gopetition.com/online/23263.html

For more details of the case, please visit
    http://www.ibk-lawyers.com/leadcase/kendo.php

http://www.kendo.com.hk/newpage1.htm

This has been posted elsewhere....try using the search function.

Comment

They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.

by Martin Niemoller

Comment

Aah sooo!!

Originally posted by katana View Post
        They came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant.

Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up.

by Martin Niemoller
        How right you are. To ease your mind I have signed this petition while I have no clue what it says. I trust the translations that have been given here. So if they come for me I hope that the people in Hong Kong will save me.

Comment

japanese version done......

http://www.gopetition.com/online/23263.html

Comment

Well timed lawsuit...just as the world economies are heading into recession...

so if you just lost your job, or are too lazy to work, join a full contact martial art then sue the instructor...

Don't HK kendoka sign some sort of "freedom of liability" statement before joining kendo? I can see that coming cause of this case...

Hope you win! Cause this is mighty stupid of the courts.

Comment

people will sue for anything these days.....

Comment

Working...
              X