X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samurai Fiction

Here's a link to short story. It took me ages to write. Would some kind soul take a few minutes to read it, please? (And if you like, you can vote for it too...)
    Thanks for looking.

http://authortrek.com/short-stories/...by-c-mcnaught/

Hope the link works. It's for a short story web site called 'author trek.'

Wow! Five votes already! That's great! Keep 'em coming, guys. (There's a little button on the bottom left after the story - you just click on it to vote...)
    Many thanks for taking the time to read it.

Comment

I like it - it definitely had me wondering what was going to happen next. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Interesting read, I had to stay up late last night to finish it because I, too, was captivated. Are you going to add to it in the future?

Comment

EXCELLENT!!! 5 out of 5 stars *****!!!

I loved the brilliantly whimsical rhymes, delightfully original creatures and characters.
          But here there is also something more--a powerful message that implores both adults and children to heed.
          I especially loved the moral of how, bewitched by the beauty of the Truffula Tree tufts, the protagonist greedily chops them down to produce and mass-market Thneeds. Finally the villain extricates himself from the scorched earth (by the seat of his own furry pants), leaving only a rock engraved "Onegaishimasu!" Thus, with his own colorful version of a compelling morality play, Don Don teaches readers not to fool with Mother Nature.
          A MUST READ!!

Comment

Good effort! The squirrel reviewer evidently dined on a few nuts that must have turned.

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement, Yoda. Much appreciated.

Comment

A stunning 22 votes now! Thanks everyone for taking the time to read and to vote!!!!
                Keep 'em coming, please!

Comment

New Story

A stunning 34 votes. Many thanks to everyone who took the time to read the story and especially to everyone who voted for it.
                  The next one is much shorter and is set not in Japan but Belfast. I hope you'll be able to take the time to read it, leave comments on the 'authortrek' web site and of course - if you like it - give a vote.
                  It's called 'Uncle Tommy.' Here's the link.

http://authortrek.com/short-stories/...1/uncle-tommy/

Comment

Huh, interesting. Just finished reading it. I have to admit it was a little hard to follow, I had to go re-read some parts, but overall very good. Seems to me that you paint a picture in one light, and then it ends up being something totally different. Good story overall!

Comment

Thanks for that. I appreciate the comment. I thought the dialect might give non-Irish readers some difficulty. Glad you were able to see it through!

Comment

Working...
                      X