Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you swing fast enough, you too can cut bullets.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you swing fast enough, you too can cut bullets.

Ok everyone, start working on that suburi. Just goes to show, maybe there is some truth in the movies.... Uhoh, Im giving those Ninja nuts some ammo. No pun intended.

45 ACP Fired at Katana

wow

Comment

Its simple metallurgy, they fired a soft lead projectile at hardened steel, even a well made knife would have cut it easily. Just be aware though, instead of 1 chunk of metal flying at you, you have 2 chunks of metal hitting you instead lol.

Comment

Notice they did not show us the edge afterward. I would immagine they used a lead wad cutter, no jacket. However, I still wonder what the edge looks like.
        There is the possibility that the second piece was a piece of the blade if the bullet did not hit the edge, but hit the shinogi instead.

Comment

As the pistol is a M1911, the bullet fired is most likely jacketed.
          Last edited by slidercrank; 23rd May 2004, 03:53 PM.

Comment

hmmm did you see something ?? i just hear them talking and some strange noises later (just like a mp3 file)

Comment

@darkluc3: mmm, yes it works with windows media player...
              btw, happy birthday

@all:
              Yeah, it isn't really clear what the second piece hitting this paper-wall was, but I don't think that it was a piece of the blade. Imo, if the blade had been damaged, wouldn't it have splintered completely?

@slidercrank:
              Well, the question is, has it to be jacketed? Or could they have used some kind of "softer" ammunition?

@Bleda: hehe, yes, the idea of cutting the bullet into two pieces like in this video isn't that desirable, especially if the two pieces flying away would still hit your body

Comment

Originally posted by Bleda
                instead of 1 chunk of metal flying at you, you have 2 chunks of metal hitting you instead lol.
                i would rather lose my ears than my forehead.,.

Comment

wait.... the website is www.arniesairsoft.co.uk... isnt airsoft the same as BB guns? maybe it was a BB they shot, which wld explain why they used paper for the background, but doesn explain what the recoil was about...

Comment

ai caramba!!!!

Comment

can anyone that speaks japanese please tell the rest, wether they mention that it is a real gun or not?

Comment

This is from a Japanese trivia show. Its the one whit TAMORI and MEGUMI and they press the button that makes a heee sound. More then the katana thing, there was a funny performance of a song titled 433. Anyways they said a colt 45 was used to shoot the katana from a distance that the bullet wouldnt slow down. The gun shop owner guy wanted to try again afterwards. There is no way to prove if it was legitimate. They also did a kendo vs fencing thing on this show, and fencing beat kendo.that was not done well. Did you know that kabuto mushi pee with one leg up?? heeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Both pieces were halves of the bullets, not pieces of the blade. Even a jacketed bullet has the tip exposed and is surrounded by a think case of coper on the sides and rear, its still easy to cut with a good sword. The bullet really wouldn't cause that much damage to the blade aslong as it was hit at a good angle and all the force was absorbed by the spine as in this video. As a reference i've seen blades smashed into anvils at poor angles and thats much more stress than a clean cut of soft lead.

Comment

wait.... the website is www.arniesairsoft.co.uk... isnt airsoft the same as BB guns? maybe it was a BB they shot, which wld explain why they used paper for the background, but doesn explain what the recoil was about...
                            Airsofts, by law, have an orange tip at the end of the barrell. This one didn't.

Comment

thats only in the US and canada, not in Japan, and the rest of europe, but i don't think its a BB after all.. because there was too much recoil even for a gas gun, and nothing explains the discharge...

Comment

Working...
                              X