Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 ACT open final

Hi Guys,

Any one interested in the recent ACT open final. The video is encoded with DIVX so make sure you have the codec installed or you have a player that can decode it. Its about 25MB.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~ben.yue...open_final.zip

Tell me what you think of my editing.
    BTW, I have 3 hours of this stuff.

Cheers,
    Ben

ACT open

I forgot to mention that the ACT (Australian Capital Territory) is a territory / state in Australia.

Comment

The final was between Kirby Smith ("deathbykendo" on this forum) and Takashi (can't remember last name).

The competition was hosted by the Australian National University Kendo Club (cheers fellas!)

Comment

ACTFinal

They would have seen that information once they downloaded the file.

Comment

lol indeed! Got to say - WELL DONE mate for the bloody beautiful video!

Remember that I have first dips in the DVD!

Comment

Nice video. Thanks for the slow-mo at the end... my roomate kept freaking out at the drawn-out noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Andoru
              ...and Takashi (can't remember last name).
              Hey Andrew its Takeshi Itakura...he used to train at Sydney Kendo Club as well

Comment

Great Footage,

Look forward to seeing more of it if you post some.

cheers

Pete

Comment

Fantastic effort Vansen!! Look forward to seeing one with Sano sensei in it.

Cheers

Comment

Hosting

There is no way that i can keep all the movies hosted on my personal web space (30MB max). I will have to rotate the videos if i can't get more web space.
                    Any one willing to let me host more videos on a server somewhere?

Cheers,
                    Ben

Comment

Hi guys I am Jason, a memeber of UNSW Kendo club, and hi Andrew, saw you in training on Mon but haven't met you yet, will say hi to you next time you are around. =)

Just wondering if it is possible for Ben to burn the comp's video into a CD and give it to the UNSW kendo club so we could circulate there. Probably one of the UNSW member can get it when they are at the Sat training?

cheers

P.S. About hosting the files, maybe you could sign up for one of Googles' new Gmail which has 1G space, upload the files and just give people the password to login? but the only problem is it is still in beta phase, and we can only join when someone invites us to join. These invitations can be bought from ebay for about AUD$3 .

Comment

Video footage

Hi Jason,

I don't have all my footage edited at the moment so burning the unedited footage on CD is not possible. Too many CDs would be need for 3 hours of unedited footage. My plan is to produce a DVD (that you can play on your TV through a normal DVD player) of the event.

I'm currently editing the Kyu team finals. Congratulations to the UNSW boys for winning. Once I'm done, I'll drop by for a training session and show any one that is interested all the footage I have on my laptop at the end of the session. I've got a good chunk of footage with UNSW members and the Semi of Sano sensei vs. Kirby Smith.

Cheers,
                        Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Vansen
                          Hi Jason,

I don't have all my footage edited at the moment so burning the unedited footage on CD is not possible. Too many CDs would be need for 3 hours of unedited footage. My plan is to produce a DVD (that you can play on your TV through a normal DVD player) of the event.

I'm currently editing the Kyu team finals. Congratulations to the UNSW boys for winning. Once I'm done, I'll drop by for a training session and show any one that is interested all the footage I have on my laptop at the end of the session. I've got a good chunk of footage with UNSW members and the Semi of Sano sensei vs. Kirby Smith.

Cheers,
                          Ben
                          REMEMBER: I get first dips!!

Oh yeah - be prepared to sweat at UNSW...so bloody stuffy in there!

Comment

UNSW kyu team is strong:

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1241/ROLL2DX-30.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Andoru
                              The right hand/wrist/arm position is bad in this men uchi. It's angled downward a bit. The kote cuff magnifies the appearance of the problem.
                              UNSW kyu team is weak.
                              Last edited by Hai_hai; 25th June 2004, 11:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X