X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musashi no Ken (Kendo Anime)

Today has been a slow saturday and with nothing to do apart from cleaning around the house i stumbled across this on yesasia about a kendo anime? I don't know if there was a thread about this in the past since i have not search throughly across the Media category. Has anyone seen this series before it looks pretty old from the animation, I don't know of any kendo based movies but there is an anime...

http://global.yesasia.com/en/prdTran...id-1002997194/

http://global.yesasia.com/en/prdTran...id-1003301862/

http://global.yesasia.com/en/prdTran...id-1003384027/

Nope, i havent seen nething like that, I have seen different samurai anime....but no kendo ones

Comment

I haven't seen too many samurai anime. I am finding it interesting there are a few history and movie based anime coming out, like samurai seven and kaze no yojimbo. If this ever makes it to the usa I may invest

Comment

musashi no ken is probably the best kendo manga ever published [in my opinion anyway]. it's an oldie but a goodie. i think they're releasing DVD box sets in japan right now. up to box 3 i think.. they advertised it in the kendo magazines. i haven't had the opportunity to watch any of the anime. but have read [or attempted to anyway] some of the manga. if you have the chance, do watch them!

Comment

If anyone has or has heard of "Now and then here and there" it has kendo in the beginning, the main character is a kendoka, though he's not good at all. Serious anime, very disturbing.

Comment

ohhh man.. I want to watch that.. anyone know where I can get it with English subtitles? a bittorrent download maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by taiwnezboi
              ohhh man.. I want to watch that.. anyone know where I can get it with English subtitles? a bittorrent download maybe?
              i'd like that too..

anybody know what mangas these are?

http://img23.exs.cx/img23/4207/comic19.jpg

http://img23.exs.cx/img23/5434/comic2.gif

they're not from the same comic btw
              (anybody know how on earth i can make the pictures appear in my post? instead of links? i've tried HTML, and those code tags but to no success..)
              Last edited by mystic_kendoka; 23rd August 2004, 03:27 AM. Reason: wld u believe it? its the 6th time im editing..

Comment

The first image looks ace, it could be a Chinese HK manga?

Comment

its my display picture on MSN at the moment, full sized, if u wanna see it, add me (mystical_psykick@hotmail.com)

Comment

The second picture is the book cover of Musashi no ken.

Comment

ah.. i was on track..

Comment

Originally posted by taiwnezboi
                        Unfortunately for non-Japanese speakers, it'a unlikely to get fan-subbed. It's too old, long, and very niche. Plus, whoever was subbing it would have to either BE a kendoka, know a kendoka willing to help, or be willing to do a hell of a lot of research.

Then there's the fact that most of the characters have (sometimes thick) accents or dialects, which makes it difficult to translate without a script.

I have all three box sets, and am watching the 3rd one (seishun-hen) right now. It's cool seeing the fight scenes from the manga in motion, but the animation leaves a lot to be desired. It shows its age.

Honestly, if you've seen the manga, you're really not missing THAT much. The anime follows the manga pretty exactly, and like I said, tha animation isn't great.

I agree though that this is one of the best kendo series out there. I recommend it if you can get your hands on it.

Tatsuko
                        And before anyone asks, no I'm not going to translate the thing; I'm already busy with two jobs and kendo. @_@

Comment

Originally posted by Tatsuko
                          Then there's the fact that most of the characters have (sometimes thick) accents or dialects, which makes it difficult to translate without a script.
                          yeah, forgot about that. even reading the manga was a challenge at times, with musashi's iwate-ben and misc nara/kansai-ben.. had to ask friends about them..

I have all three box sets, and am watching the 3rd one (seishun-hen) right now.
                          bastard

Comment

I have all three box sets, and am watching the 3rd one (seishun-hen) right now.
                            i agree in calling you a bastard.. no hard feelings..

Comment

Hai, hai, no hard feelings.

Comment

Working...
                              X