Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting kendo videos dvds in Taiwan

Hi all,

does anyone know where I could buy kendo dvds (competitions, etc) in Taiwan. I have looked around and it doesn't seem like it's easy to get them.

Do people usually just order them from overseas venues? Thanks!

Ms Chang might know: kendo.tw@msa.hinet.net

Comment

Originally posted by kanyil
      Hi all,

does anyone know where I could buy kendo dvds (competitions, etc) in Taiwan. I have looked around and it doesn't seem like it's easy to get them.

Do people usually just order them from overseas venues? Thanks!
      Hmm, you are near the CD/DVD/VCD illegal copy capital of the world, and you can't find a kendo DVD? That's too bad.
      Check out www.kendoshop.com They have 51st AKJF tournament.

Comment

It's all about the bottom line, Hai Hai....

I know a sensei in Tainan that shelled out NT$100000 to translate the various kendo improvement books by Sato Nariaki sensei and others. In the end, the books were given away FREE to many dojos. I, of course, got my grubby hands on a few copies.

There's simply not enough market for the piraters to even want to bother.

For other good places to buy Budo media, try:

http://www.buyubooks.com/

http://www.budovideos.com/shop/custo...me.php?cat=367

http://budogu.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/page49.html

Comment

Originally posted by DCPan
          It's all about the bottom line, Hai Hai...
          I know. That's why I've bought some DVDs from Taiwan that were clearly DVD-Rs packaged like new.

Comment

Originally posted by Hai_hai
            I know. That's why I've bought some DVDs from Taiwan that were clearly DVD-Rs packaged like new.
            LOL...you Taiwanese?

Comment

LOL...you Taiwanese?
              No, just bought DVDs through eBay from a seller in Taiwan.

Comment

Ms Chang might know: kendo.tw@msa.hinet.net
                was that the email for Musha? it's surprisingly difficult to find kendo DVDs/tapes here in Taiwan. for once I am envious of the kendo materials they have in the US.

VHS just won't cut it anymore because most households here have moved on to DVDs a while back. converting VHS into DVDs are also quite expensive. sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by kanyil
                  was that the email for Musha?
                  No, she's the lady that single-handedly paid for www.kendo.com.tw before the bandwidth made it financially unfeasible (too much stuff to download for free).

I have her phone number too, if you rather call her. She and a couple of senseis bought a bunch of Japanese instruction videos available for students to watch, etc. I never got around to checking out the collection, as she's in Taipei.

Comment

Working...
                  X