Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a short Kendo scene in the movie ' " Black Rain " .

Comment

What about on Magnum PI. I remember seeing kendo guys practicing in the rich guy's backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Kendo-Militia
        There is a short Kendo scene in the movie ' " Black Rain " .
        ...in which Michael Douglas gets a shinai exploded in his hand, and very nearly gets his head ripped off for being acting like a punk in the Osaka PD dojo.

Nice scene.

Comment

Originally posted by MabahoMan
          What about on Magnum PI. I remember seeing kendo guys practicing in the rich guy's backyard.
          In Mr. Baseball Tom Selleck appeared in armor for a TV ad.

Comment

And didnt they use a short scene in a Gatoraid comercial?

Comment

Does anyone remember that commercial that used to be in theaters a few years ago where some chick was chased by ninja guys wearing do & men. Something like that. It was a couple years ago so I kinda forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by MabahoMan
                Does anyone remember that commercial that used to be in theaters a few years ago where some chick was chased by ninja guys wearing do & men. Something like that. It was a couple years ago so I kinda forgot.
                I remember a Nike commercial where some soccer star players stole a football from a museum and where chased by similar clothed guys.

And there was a car commercial, too.

Comment

YEAH, THATS THE ONE

Comment

Incidentally, Kotaka-sensei of NYC is in both "Black Rain" and "The Hunted."

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                      Incidentally, Kotaka-sensei of NYC is in both "Black Rain" and "The Hunted."
                      That is Kataoka, not Kotaka. And he has been in commercials as well.

Comment

- When The Last Sword Is Drawn, 2003, this is awesome movie about last Samurai generation.
                        - Owl's Castle (1999), Ninja movie, pretty good !!
                        - Fighter in the Wind, Karate movie, one minute scene that fight with Kendoka..

Comment

i too actually liked the movie "the hunted". i mean, in the tradition of cheesy american ninja movies, this wasnt as bad. the premise was kinda lame, and rather contrived, but what do you expect??? how else are you gonna get a samurai to fight a ninja? other than a 1000 year feud that culminates from some white dude picking up a hot asian chick at a bar for a one nighter?

Comment

just watch korean movie.."my sassy girl"..there's kendo in it...just a short scene. its a good movie..u guys should watch it.

Comment

Try this for size:MOONLIGHT WHISPERS (Gekko no sasayaki) Directed by Akihiko Shiota. Japan. 1999.

Takuya: "But I like it when you strike me on the head. Gives my dull life a shake. I like the jolt to my head!"

'...In Moonlight Whispers, the first film by Akihiko Shiota (Don't Look Back, Harmful Insect), a young Japanese student Hidaka Takuya (Kenji Mizuhashi) will do anything to prove his love for Kendo partner Kitihara Satsuki (Tsugumi). This includes licking the sweat off of her feet, listening to her having sex with a friend, and even jumping over a waterfall. Based on a manga (Japanese comic book) by Masahiko Kikumi, the film is not about kinky sex but about adolescents involved in a love so deep it completely distorts their sense of perspective...'

For a full review go to: http://www.talkingpix.co.uk/ReviewsM...tWhispers.html

This highly acclaimed film is available on DVD (2003)

crabbi

Comment

someone allready mentioned volcano high, but it was pretty cool. They had an all girl kendo team and one girl had a red hakama and gi... I could never wear it in a dojo but man was it pretty... It was a funy movie too... But dont see the one mtv dubbed over with outkast as the voices it was just weird..

Comment

Working...
                                X