Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those wanting kanji tattoos

http://www.soufoaklin.com/tattooartist.html

oh crap....(quickly doing a google search on chinese characters)

Comment

I feel a little sorry for these people, but as i'm not much of a fan of this 'trend' i gotta admit its kinda funny....I've even heard of the same thing happening here in Australia as well as in Indonesia

Comment

http://www.canoe.ca/LifewiseMirrorsB...tattoo_ap.html

i never knew it was that popular.
        no, i dont have a tattoo of the symbol for infinity...

Comment

check these out!
          http://www.bmezine.com/tattoo/kanji1.html

Comment

Originally posted by Nanbanjin
            1 word: OWNED!

I can emphatise with Mr Sakai though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nanbanjin
              That's hilarious!

Comment

I have a Kanji tattoo... but I made sure to find out exactly what I wanted and exactly what the kanji meant beforehand. Just trusting an artist to tattoo what you want in another language is just plain stupid. Although, if I weren't at least part Japanese, I never would have gotten a kanji tattoo in the first place. Besides, what kind of narcissistic person gets "beautiful goddess" tattooed on them anyway?! She got what she paid for!

Comment

I really want a tattoo saying baka gaijin.

Besides, what kind of narcissistic person gets "beautiful goddess" tattooed on them anyway?!
                  A prostitute.

Comment

....OMG!!!!

I can kind of sympathise with the tattoo artist... but these people are scarred (even if they might deserve it!?!)...

Very interesting!!

Often, when you go abroad you will see T-Shirts with random English words arranged on the front... you know the sort of thing : 'Station Athletic College Tea-Leaf'... concise and meaningful...!

I used to have a bathrobe with a beautiful Kanji character on the back which I used to proudly parade to 'acquaintances'... until one day a Chinese girl asked me why I had @Fireman' written on my robe...!!

Now if that had been a tattoo I would have been seriously irritated!!!

Aaah ... vanity... thy name is crabbi!!!

cheers

crabbi

Comment

From the 'About Us' link on the site:

Souf Oaklin fo' Life!!! (S.O.F.L.) grew out of a collaboration of labors of love. Its format is primarily derived from the national satircal newspaper The Onion (www.theonion.com), a newspaper which uses extreme points of view to challenge the reader to think about American thought, values, and culture. It is an equal opportunity offender which tackles political correctness, racism, bigotry, sexism, and just about every other "-ism" or "-ology" in between.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
                        From the 'About Us' link on the site:

Souf Oaklin fo' Life!!! (S.O.F.L.) grew out of a collaboration of labors of love. Its format is primarily derived from the national satircal newspaper The Onion (www.theonion.com), a newspaper which uses extreme points of view to challenge the reader to think about American thought, values, and culture. It is an equal opportunity offender which tackles political correctness, racism, bigotry, sexism, and just about every other "-ism" or "-ology" in between.
                        Thanks for that Neil... I regularly read The Onion but I'd never heard of SOFL before...

Very entertaining!

BTW... I always enjoy your posts M8... always an interesting and informed perspective...

Cheers

crabbi

Comment

that sakai tattoo guy has a point, i would get irritaded when people ask for something in kanji to look good, they should at least know what they want and what it actually means, some one in england whent to a hairdressers that also do tattoos, and they got a list of kanji with the english alphabet under each kanji, she wanted her boyfriend's name and when she got the tattoo it was really bad but i cant remember what it was.

i want one that says 'gaijin no ashi' so i know what to look for when i need some new shoes

Comment

hmm i'm also gonna tattoo my name, but on my shinai...

errr anyone who speaks japanese: is eedorian the best translation for Adrian ?

Comment

How about this:

エ ドゥ リ ア ヌ
                              e du ri a nu

Remember that the 'U' at the end of words is usually aspirated (not sounded)...

If you want to check the katakana check here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katakana

cheers

crabbi

Comment

Working...
                              X