Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hachi Dan Test Documentation

Hello,

first film I saw about Kendo was the National Geographic documentation about the hachi dan test in Japan. I've downloaded the movie from the internet. Unfortunately the quality is poor. Now I'm hunting for an original on VHS video oder even better on DVD. Does anybody know from where to get it? If it's not longer available in the shops is there anybody out there who would provide a copy for me (of course I would refund any costs). If somone's interested I could offer a 45min. documentation about the Japanese team at the 2004 Glasgow World Championships. It's recorded from TV and burned to DVD (German and France audio tracks).

Any help in finding the hachi dan test material is highly appreciated!

Regards
    Joerg

Hello!
    You might wish to have a look at these threads:
    http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4632
    http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4603
    I`m not sure wether the DL-Links are still up to date, but you may like to have a try.

Comment

As mentioned, I already have downloaded it but the quality is poor. I want a copy on VHS or DVD in better quality if possible.

Regards
      Joerg

Comment

Pm

Hello,
        I have sent you a PM if your still looking for the VHS tape.
        Regards,
        Alphons

Comment

LOL, I've sent a PM as well.

Comment

I just watched that video, the black and white video of "the master swordsman" is AMAZING i watched those clips over and over at least 30 times, the guy he was going against was good too, and he just dodged and blocked and contorled his oponents shinai almost as well as he controled his own, i cant even imagin what type of metnal state he was in to react so quickly to so many quick attacks and at the same time attack without having a single opening, there is so much going on in those shorts clips that even 30 times wont be enough to take it all in, that guy is amazing =)

Comment

That video was pretty great.. I have still to see the spot they did on Eiga sensei. People said it was pretty inspirational.

Tim

Comment

The Eiga documentary is quite emotional as well.

Comment

Working...
                X