• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 御法度/Gohatto

Name : 御法度/Gohatto
    Director : 大岛渚 Nagisa Oshima
    Casts : 北野武、武田真治、浅野忠信、崔洋一、的場浩司、湯美斯雅、伊武雅刀
    ( Takeshi Kitano, Ryuhei Matsuda, Shinji Takeda, Tadanobu Asano, Koji Matoba, Masa Tommies, Masat Ibu, Uno Kanda, Kazuko Yoshiyuki, Tomoro Taguchi, Yoichi Sai, Jiro Sakagami, Zakoba Katsura, Kei Sato )

Story: The Shinsengumi Militia is in the process of selecting new recruits to join the samurai ranks. Those hoping to be accepted must face Soji Okita, the best fighter in the militia. By the end of the day only two of the hopefuls are accepted, Hyozo Tashiro a Samurai from the Kurume clan and Sozaburo Kano a young son of a rich merchant. Sozaburo quickly stands out due to his handsome yet slightly feminine looks, it quickly becomes apparent that Tashiro is in love with Kano. All of Tashiro's advances are refused by Kano but rumors quickly fly through the militia that Kano and Tashiro are lovers, soon many of the other men are making advances on Kano aswell. Eventually one of them is found dead and jealousy is suspected as a motive.

After watching this........I have nothing to say. I was shocked when I saw
    2 samurais were making love to each other...
    Well...its a movie that worth to see.

I just downloaded this movie , for those of you who want to watch. I advice
    you guys find it out on some BT download site.

Where did you download it from?

Could you post a link?

Comment

ummm, you mean they are gay ?? Or another Japanese version of Mulan ??

Comment

It is a story of Man-to-Man love. ( Not Mulan )
        All the characters are men.

I don't have the actual loading site. I downloaded from some OnlineSharing
        program.

Comment

from what I hear its a rumor that homosexuality was common satsuma because of the schooling (fraternal)

interesting no?

Comment

Originally posted by Twobitmage
            from what I hear its a rumor that homosexuality was common satsuma because of the schooling (fraternal)

interesting no?
            so all the samurai wanabee are actually homosexual wanabee too haha

I guess that's what happens when women and men are really seperated from each other.

Comment

you are so right kendokamax ...
              This is what you get when you group a bunch of men together ..

( I m sure this kindda of stuff happen alot in the army )

Comment

I think it is wrong.... very wrong... unless you are born gay... I just cannot imagine Miyamoto Musashi in Kimono.

Originally posted by ISSAC RU
                you are so right kendokamax ...
                This is what you get when you group a bunch of men together ..

( I m sure this kindda of stuff happen alot in the army )

Comment

Originally posted by rainmaker
                  I think it is wrong.... very wrong... unless you are born gay... I just cannot imagine Miyamoto Musashi in Kimono.

I think it would be partially due to the fact that when their hormones took over, if it is something they really wanted, they would do what they had to do.

But considering Miyamoto Musashi was obsessed with the developement of his swordsmanship/life(like most of us), he wouldn't care too much about "other relations".

I don't know, that's just my two cents.

Comment

Musashi most likely did wear kimono. Kimono are not gender specific, despite the limited imagery you may know of them. There are many different stlye kimono for men and women. Although it is a specific type of garment now, "kimono" simply means "thing to wear" afterall.

Comment

hm..

interesting topic...

Comment

Supposedly it was pretty common, but they hardly had a monopoly on it. Just check out those Romans! I remember that for my latin GCSE (exams you do at about 16 for non-british) they selected the story of Nisus and Euryalus (veteran soldier and younger boy) for one of the set texts. Seems like a similar scenario, and not at all uncommon.

Comment

AAAHAHAHAHA i've seen this movie!

it was called "Taboo" though

It sure surprised me when things started getting a little too "friendly"
                          all in all the movie wasn't that great.
                          there's some kendo in it though... some old style keiko with bokken... scary as hell.

as for the gay stuff, it's not my bag, but apparently it was a big issue at that time (as if it's not a big issue now)... very "taboo" for samurai (pun intended)

In fact i was reading hagakure and there's a big part about homosexuality... It was definately frowned upon, but apparently it went on frequently

Once, when accompanying his master to ado, Ryotetsu asked Saburozaemon, "What have you understood of homosexuality?"
                          Saburozaemon replied, "It is something both pleasant and unpleasant.''
                          Ryotetsu was pleased and said, "You have taken great pains for some time to be able to say such a thing.''

Comment

born gay?
                            that's a strange thing to say
                            I guess that has to do with both fate and sexuality.
                            I mean, seeing as you can't "turn gay" everybody who is gay later in life is technically born gay (it may just surface later), but up until the pre-teen years there's no real sexual attraction to either sex, just general affection attraction... so technically they are also not gay at birth.

to quote martin from the simpsons: "I'm not gay, I'm not anything yet."

I guess we won't know definite answers until we find the scientific basis behind homosexuality.

Until then maybe it's safe to not label something "WRONG" so fast... especially something a person has no control over.

Musashi never married or had children.. and subsequently didn't he have a few young boys as followers at different times in his life?
                            Some people think he did this because of his dedication to budo.. not burdening himself with wives, or kids (or bathing or combing his hair apparently) but maybe there was another reason...

Comment

After watching the movie, I felt that it wasn't so much about illustrating the homosexuality within the samurai (although it did), more so than being about the contrast between friendship-love and erotic-sex-love.

The sparring scenes in the movie were really cool, especially when Hijikata does that upwards kote with his bokken. That must hurt like crazy.

Comment

Working...
                              X