X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Million Dollar Baby

It is fantasy yet very touching movie. I just finished download on monday and I watched 2 days ago.
    I think if you watch this movie , you will feel all the sports are the same.Even kendo , there is no way out except practice hard.

So you feel fine with violating copyright then? Just checking.

Comment

whats wrong with it that? hey if its free and assemble , why not?

Comment

Originally posted by kendogrl7
        whats wrong with it that? hey if its free and assemble , why not?
        *cough* what's wrong with stealing another's property? *cough* piracy is illegal *cough* civil penalties *cough* criminal sanctions *cough* being hauled to court by high powered IP lawyers? *cough*

Comment

yea like everyone outhere who downloads this stuff is going to be hauled in to court?! Sure its illgel but its the internet, as long as internet exist illgel stuff is going to happen. Unless u download like a tons of illgel stuff,its fine.

Comment

So it's OK to steal so long as it's only a little bit and you know for sure you won't get caught? A candy bar from the local convenience store is OK, but a pair of shoes from the department store with the security guards is bad?

Comment

yea like everyone outhere who downloads this stuff is going to be hauled in to court?! Sure its illgel but its the internet, as long as internet exist illgel stuff is going to happen. Unless u download like a tons of illgel stuff,its fine.
              You know, some times the IIRC and such sevrices send out the actual movies and just have a tracing cookie. It then reads your Ip, and sends it back to the IIRC, etc. Then they ask your ISP, and the ISP hs to give it over because it's the authorities. Then your soon arrested, or your parents. And this, is why I stopped doing this kind of stuff. Not meant in rude way, just everyone should understand the possiblities and consequences before taking up their actions.
              Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
                So it's OK to steal so long as it's only a little bit and you know for sure you won't get caught? A candy bar from the local convenience store is OK, but a pair of shoes from the department store with the security guards is bad?
                Totally agreed

Comment

Originally posted by KenShi_JoB
                  Totally agreed
                  I hope that's sarcasm....

Comment

Originally posted by Light Samurai
                    I hope that's sarcasm....
                    I mean I agree with the point that niel sensei try to make.

Comment

Oh alright. and just for the sake of it, +1.

Comment

Well, you never know when there's a reward and a hotline involved.

http://www.mpaa.org/anti-piracy/contact/index.htm

And besides, it's not like they haven't done it before.

http://edition.cnn.com/2003/LAW/08/0...sic/index.html

Comment

Please don't call it 'stealing'. It qualifies as Newspeak and is exactly what the RIAA and the MPAA want.

It's called theft when I take something from you and you no longer have it. I steal your shinai, you no longer have it. That's THEFT. When you download a song, you didn't steal anything. The artist still has his song. The stores still have their albums. That's COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT.

Besides, when two thirds of youngsters (statistics of Belgium) admit that they download music, you can't all lock them up. Now allow me to generalize, say if more than half of a society downloaded music, wouldn't that indicate that the society itself agrees that copyring infringing is ok?

The music industry uses an outdated model with artificially high prices, so can any of you blame these kids who have no income besides an allowance? If the industry came up with something just as easy to use as P2P applications and a FAIR price, I'm sure people will flock to that. But guess what, they're not going to ask a fair price...

Comment

I am not going to say anything further about piracy BUT last Jan there was a unemployed dude in Hong Kong distributing BitTorrent seeds and got caught by the Customs. He became the first person in the world to be charged by the police for sharing copyrighted files. Since then illegal downloads has been down 90% in Hong Kong.

I checked the news archive and here's a brief one in English:
                            http://news.zdnet.co.uk/internet/sec...84123%2C00.htm
                            And a long one in Chinese:
                            http://hk.news.yahoo.com/050113/12/18idk.html
                            Let's get back into Million Dollar Baby.

I watched it with my brother in the cinema (where theTHX Dolby + SDDS and 50-foot wide projection screen cannot be found on your computer monitor!!).

It is not a film about boxing. There are a lot of hidden sentimental plots which makes it more like an action-drama movie.

As a girl who practises martial arts, I truly empathize with what the movie says about hard work we all encounter in our training. Therefore what I see from this movie is quite different from what the other saw - because they don't have the same experience.

Say, because no one believes a girl can be serious, or that she can be any good, then she got to believe in herself, even though everyone seems to be laughing at her, bullying her. She just train hard day and night, and she is on her own all the time. One day just out of nowhere someone will give her the correct pointers, attention, and eventually they'll know she is worth it.

There are other facts that is universal to all physical training. The part about "do not ask questions" is very true. Also that a good trainer who can guide you and trust you is very important. No matter how crap your job is, or how unsupportive is your family and friends, the training something that you want to go through, and you make yourself there.

A lot of other things I see in the movie are so similar with kendo that makes it even more inspiring. Like, sacrificing everything you have just for that piece of equipment. Not bothered by getting bruises, or even blood everywhere, because in the end everything pays. Got to travel around the world to attend events. Enjoying the moment you knockout your opponent in 10 seconds. If you fall down, you have to get up by yourself. Winning is the source of energy. "I have seen the world."

Adding to that they've got all the first class performing actors/actresses, with Hilary Shawk doing all her training and fighting, only to make the story more convincing, especially to all the young women who just started their journey in training. I hope this movie at least serves as a source of inspiration, if not entertainment. So no one is going to complain they are the only girl in the dojo, who started in their late 20s, physically unfit, etc. etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Neil Gendzwill
                              Haha. Well put.

Comment

Working...
                              X