X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New samurai movie

which actors would u want to see in a samurai movie? BECAUSE ITS ABOUT TIME THEY MAKE A REAL GOODDDDDDDD SAMURAI MOVIE SOMETHING NEW I MEAN.and what plot should it have???????????????? WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE IN IT??

i heard some rumours about a sequel of <samurai fiction>.
    anyone got more info?

Comment

A new good samurai movie? I'm going to have to say Lance Henriksen and Nicol...well that joke got old fast.

For a real one though, I think that Sanada Hiroyuki wouldn't be a bad choice. I saw "Twilight Samurai" on television a month or so back. Perhaps he might not be able to move in all the correct ways, but I hear in Japan they think he is the new period movie star (comparison to Mifune Toshiro).

I'm not really sure to who can really portray a samurai and act/move like one who practices swordsmanship, but then again...I'm not too knowledgable in the Hollywood/Japanese actors scene so...excuse my ignorance.

Comment

Beckham, Beyonce, and J-Lo. And they're in the streets... And they're attacked... And Beckham is wearing his gi outside his hakama and takes this outrageous stance... And then.... Oh, damn, it's already been done.

Comment

theres a sequel to samurai fiction, about the ninjas. but its not as good.

theres ANOTHER sequel to samurai fiction called stereo future, same director. kinda the same actors, but it takes place in real life. not really a sequel at all, just a continuation of the directors style and interpretation from what the reviews says.

twilight samurai is probably the latest samurai movie that i know of. its a cool inside interpretation of "real" samurai life of warriors without a cause. they are stuck in their class but dont have anyone to fight, so they do the normal government work stuff, and life goes on. i really liked this film. i recommend it.

Comment

I'd say a new samurai movie should be based on the Yagyu in some fashion. I still haven't seen a great Yagyu movie that didn't depict them as evil or just depict Jubei Yagyu.

I liked Taboo, though its a few years old.

Comment

Check out "Mibugishiden" (aka "When the Last Sword is Drawn") if you can. It's a 2003 movie featuring Nakai Kiichi as a member of the Shinsengumi. The DVD is only available in Japan currently as far as I know, but it's a good production worth finding.

Comment

They should just translate the Shinsengumi NHK drama to English.

Comment

I've found mibugishiden DVD in lot's of swedish rental stores. And if you can find it in my hometown it shouldn't be too hard to find. It might help to know that it's distributed by Universal Picture's asian divison

Comment

terentino(spelling?) should do a movie about the shinsengumi. i think if he did, it would be a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Akai Bushi
                      They should just translate the Shinsengumi NHK drama to English.
                      Oh no not "translate" as in dubbing, more like subtitled would be cool.

By samurai do you mean a samurai movie or a shambara one?

Comment

How about just 75 minutes of "Celebrity Bludgeoning". Kendoka from all over the world (and the milky way) come to a giant arena to face three kensei: JLo, Beckham and Cruise. But oh-no! Our celebrities forgot their bougu!

I'd pay money to see that.

Comment

Originally posted by Berugijin
                          How about just 75 minutes of "Celebrity Bludgeoning". Kendoka from all over the world (and the milky way) come to a giant arena to face three kensei: JLo, Beckham and Cruise. But oh-no! Our celebrities forgot their bougu!

You really wanna see me cry laughin don't you:P

Comment

Originally posted by Berugijin

Come on those are stars, they could pull it off even without bougu.

Comment

Originally posted by fighting mochi
                              terentino(spelling?) should do a movie about the shinsengumi. i think if he did, it would be a hit.
                              Nooooooooooooo...Kill Bill vol.1 was a joke...Kill Bill vol.2 made me embarresed to be chinese...Tarantino has had teo good movies (Dogs n Pulp) after that its been alllllllll downhill.

Mibugishiden was brilliant and so was Tasagore Seibei(Twilight Samurai). At the moment no one can replace Toshiro Mifune or Tetsuya Nakadai or even Shintaro Katsu...too many pretty boys and not enuff gruff eastwood typrs...

Samurai Fiction was pretty cool. Stereo Fiction is not a sequel...tho most of the same actors are in it. Akakage isn't the sequel either and in all honesty was a real mess...good idea bad execution.

Comment

Working...
                              X