kendo article in Japan Times

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kendo article in Japan Times

Not sure what point the author is really trying to make but it's an article about kendo in the Japan Times nevertheless.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/life/201...ies-back-life/

Well, I certainly agree with one point of the article: when the stresses of life get me down, two hours of keiko do a lot to set me back on track. Nothing like someone swinging a length of bamboo at your head to clear your mind.

Comment

What's with dropping all the phrases about eh? It's weird, but as you say "it's an article about Kendo"!

Must have been a slow news day at the ol' Japan Times.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Reyer View Post
        Well, I certainly agree with one point of the article: when the stresses of life get me down, two hours of keiko do a lot to set me back on track. Nothing like someone swinging a length of bamboo at your head to clear your mind.

Yeah I really think Kendo is one of the best forms of "therapy". When you are doing it, you are too focused on kendo to think or worry about anything else. When class is over you are sad that it's over but at the same time the world looks a little brighter after class.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott H View Post
          What's with dropping all the phrases about eh? It's weird, but as you say "it's an article about Kendo"!

Must have been a slow news day at the ol' Japan Times.
          That's a common feature of Japan Times fluff pieces. They do it so their readers (historically English speakers living in Japan) can pick up new phrases and vocabulary for their Japanese.

Comment

Working...
          X