Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kumdo...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kumdo...

    Those who wonder about what is the difference betwen Kendo and Kumdo, take a look at Korean Kumdo Shiai. See if you can find any difference. It is 4th dan shiai.


    http://kumdotv.com/mart6/video/20040...44dan_4dan.wmv

  • #2
    No sonkyo, and different terms. That's it.

    I'm Korean, I do kendo. I know this stuff

    o and I have the same event, but 6dan division.

    http://kumdotv.com/mart6/video/20040...44dan_6dan.wmv

    Comment


    • #3
      What do you mean by "same"??

      Style? Emphasis? Interpretation of rules? Attitude?
      Last edited by Yo...osh!; 29th June 2005, 11:01 AM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think there's a lot of difference within both Kendo and Kumdo itself...but this topic has been discussed a lot before

        Comment


        • #5
          I practiced with a 3dan Kumdo oldman before , his kumdo is very different.
          Lack of zanshin maybe is the greatest kumdo weakness..

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ISSAC RU
            I practiced with a 3dan Kumdo oldman before , his kumdo is very different.
            Lack of zanshin maybe is the greatest kumdo weakness..
            Have you watched the koreans in the WKC? Lack of zanshin my arse.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah, what Meng said!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rainmaker
                Those who wonder about what is the difference betwen Kendo and Kumdo, take a look at Korean Kumdo Shiai. See if you can find any difference. It is 4th dan shiai.


                http://kumdotv.com/mart6/video/20040...44dan_4dan.wmv
                At the start of the vid, if you look at the guy on the left of the screen without the men on, you can see he has a WKC Glasgow tenugui! I think he's the korean team member that was sitting in front of me that grabbed the coach before he managed to get a shinai to clobber the Japanese team.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah that guy on the Korean National team.

                  He's awesome. He has Zanshin. I second what Meng said.

                  BTW Meng someone from my club was videotaping the finals and was right next to the Korean Coach. You might even know her cause Im from WA (ie Goshinkai not Murdoch =p). Susan Bonar???
                  Last edited by soapdish; 29th June 2005, 06:32 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by soapdish
                    Yeah that guy on the Korean National team.

                    He's awesome. He has Zanshin. I second what Meng said.

                    BTW Meng someone from my club was videotaping the finals and was right next to the Korean Coach. You might even know her cause Im from WA (ie Goshinkai not Murdoch =p). Susan Bonar???
                    Haha...Susan is hard to the core. She trained like 6 times a week to be on the National Squad. Is Chiharu still there?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Cool shiai! Both are pretty good.

                      What do you guys think of the decisive kote in the overtime? I kinda think that there was at least 1 much better ippon before...
                      Last edited by Mr.Tvola; 29th June 2005, 07:58 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Would anyone like to tell the rest of us what tournament are we looking at?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          These files are pretty big.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I am not sure when this took place, but these files are both matches from the 44th Annual Korean National Kumdo Dan Tournament.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              By the way - you can change number before "dan" in the address above and see videos from other divisions (I think everyone already knows that, so in this case please just ignore me )

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X