Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your favorite video clips here...

Kendo 1

<a href="www.kendo.lv/video/jpn_kor.mpeg" target="_blank">kendo 2</a>

kendo 3

<a href="mms://ieng9.ucsd.edu/~j0choi/8-77.wmv" target="_blank">kendo 4</a>

bamboo cutting 1

bamboo cutting 2

bamboo cutting 3

Kendo vs. Naganita

The Sword is mightier than the Gun

have fun

n""

Currently, my favorite kendo video clip in is your signature...

Comment

that final at the 11thworld championship was very good uh

Comment

Yup, have to say I'm a fan of the signature. It's pretty sweat. I don't have many Kendo clips - mostly naginata...

Comment

That sig is owny. the bamboo cuts are cool, being a newb to any of this it was nice to see. That naginata gets a nice jab off to that guy's face x.x

Comment

Did you SEE the chiburi/noto of the second guy in "cutting 1"?? WOW!!!

Anyone know if the dance is called anything in particular? I thought it looked exquisite (sp?).

Comment

All of the clips are very impressive. I was really impressed by those guys doing all the bamboo cutting and that sword dance. I also liked the kendo vs. naginata clip. I've done shiai against a naginata before and it's quite a different feeling from my usual shiai.

Comment

HOLY CRAP! The bullet cutting thingy was awesome! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Naginatagirl
                  Yup, have to say I'm a fan of the signature. It's pretty sweat. I don't have many Kendo clips - mostly naginata...
                  wow I'd love to see some naganita in action as well..

I'll keep on looking for more links..a dn I hope that you guys will do some searching of your own...

Comment

Hehe, I've been looking for Naginata clips a lot today. Couldn't find anything, sadly, I really would like to see some Naginata fights. I saw this fight between a ninjutsu guy and a kendoist, now that was impressive and pretty kewl, to me anyway.... in this thread..

http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7447

Fun, cool fight!

Comment

You can find A LOT of clips of Naginata shiai here: http://naginata.dynalias.net/~infofr...x.php?ckset=ok

Some of them are really good, some not so much, but there's....a lot of them. Enjoy!

When we had our annual seminar this year in T.O. I got to see my Naginata sensei fight one of my Kendo sensei. O.O wow. Huge difference in style, but both were SO GOOD. It was amazing to watch.

Comment

There are two videos here of the 44th Annual Korean National Kumdo Dan Tournament. I actually prefer them to the All Japan. http://www.kendo-world.com/forum/sho...ighlight=kumdo

And an all time classic. Kendo's Grueling Challenge which follows two men's attempts to pass the hachidan test.

Comment

Working...
                        X