X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Tsuba-Dome

I am looking into getting this Tsuba http://www.e-bogu.com/Top_Quality_CH...gawatsuba-.htm
    the only problem is i cant find a tsuba-dome/stopper that would match or look decent with it. The only ones I can find are white, navy blue fudo, rubber, and the deluxe tsuba dome on eguchi. Can anyone recommend a stopper? Or should I just change pick a different tsuba like plain top quality leather or white leather tsuba.
    Last edited by cargo; 7th November 2007, 09:43 AM.

The fudo tsubadome are pricey, but seem to last forever. I bought two something like three years ago and they are still going strong.

Comment

Yea I really want one of those but the navy blue doesnt go with any tsuba and Im the type of person that like things that should match or be similar to match or be similar in color

Comment

Originally posted by cargo View Post
        Yea I really want one of those but the navy blue doesnt go with any tsuba and Im the type of person that like things that should match or be similar to match or be similar in color
        Look at Lonny's shinai - do you see a fashion statement anywhere? Cool toys are fun, but they don't do much for your kendo...

Comment

Im not saying it has to be fashionable i just want it to match. If i get a plain leather one im gonna get a tsuba stopper that matches it. Im just saying im not gonna get a brown leather tsuba then have a blue stopper cause it doesnt match its kinda of like ocd lol cause it will bother me having to see it mismatch.

Comment

Save your money, use a plastic tsuba and rubber tsubadome, then buy better kote. Nobody is looking at your tsuba, we're watching your eyes.

Comment

or you could stop posting cause your not helping and I already have better kote...

Comment

or you could stop posting cause your not helping and I already have better kote...
                I'm sorry you feel that way. Perhaps next time you visit your parent dojo in Portland, you might introduce yourself.

Comment

get the black tsuba-dome...you won't notice the colour difference all that much, especially when you're doing keiko or shiai. The brown of the tsuba looks pretty dark, and black goes with everything. and it looks like you can choose the colour of the stitching...so long as they have stock.

http://www.e-bogu.com/Fudo_Tsuba_Dom...-shi-fudo-.htm

Comment

A: The fudo domes are also about the most effective I've come across.

B: It's nice to own nice stuff if you have the cash. If he wants a nice matching tsuba dome, I don't see why it should be an issue. It's only a tsuba dome.

Comment

thanks guys for the help. Oh and sorry I wouldnt be caught dead in oregon and have no reason to go play kendo at portland where theres many excellent dojo's i can get handed in here in the east.

Comment

thanks guys for the help. Oh and sorry I wouldnt be caught dead in oregon and have no reason to go play kendo at portland where theres many excellent dojo's i can get handed in here in the east.
                        sorry, that didn't make any sense.

i like the fudo tsubadome too. easy on, easy off. tight fit, no sliding. i wouldn't get the white leather tsuba though. unless you have white bogu, it won't match!

Comment

Hmm, that last post seems a bit confrontational cargo. Perhaps you should qualify it.

Comment

Ah, clearly this newbie is at Ohio State, my error...I thought it might be one of ours. You're not a real good reflection on them, "cargo".

Comment

Originally posted by shred_lord View Post
                              If he wants a nice matching tsuba dome, I don't see why it should be an issue. It's only a tsuba dome.
                              And having something that stands out has already been held up as a no-no. Something that matches or does not clash with the tsuba is likely to be less distracting.

At the end of the day these products are being made by the manufacturers. I can't imagine the majority of non-custom items are fashion statements there's just plenty of variety available with levels of quality and finish.

Comment

Working...
                              X