Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsuka-gawa

Hi!

Does anybody know how to shorten the tsuka-gawa? I mean, of course I can just cut it off at the end, but how do I then sew up the end?

/Philco

Originally posted by Phil-co
    Hi!

Does anybody know how to shorten the tsuka-gawa? I mean, of course I can just cut it off at the end, but how do I then sew up the end?

/Philco
    I'm afraid u cannot do that.but u can choose the a suitable tsuka-gawa before u buy it. a cetain size shinai has some different size tsuka-gawa

Comment

Originally posted by jasmine
      I'm afraid u cannot do that.but u can choose the a suitable tsuka-gawa before u buy it. a cetain size shinai has some different size tsuka-gawa
      Yes, you can.
      Turn it inside out and sew it together at the end, similar to the bit you cut off.

Jakob

Comment

Hi!

/Philco
        The following URL might give you some ideas

http://www6.vc-net.ne.jp/%7Eisiyosi/kodachi.htm

The above is for kodachi so it is a little extreme. The instructions are in Japanese but I'm sure you will be able to understand from the pictures alone. If you have any questions just ask.

Comment

Thanks, I will give it a try!

/Philco

Comment

Thanks, I will give it a try!

/Philco
            Also, you can just roll up the end before you tie the tsuru. Think about it for a while and I'm sure you will get what I mean.

Comment

I just tried to roll up the top part of the tsuka-gawa, and it worked just fine. Remember tho, for best result it's best to cut off the original 'sleeve' roll, and make a new one.

Comment

use a thick thread too. the color won't matter cause if you do it well, it won't show up on the shinais butt.

Comment

Working...
                X