X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fudo

just recently bought a "fudo" tsuba dome and to my suprise, it is smaller than my tsuba also, after sliding it in, it is so hard to take it off again so does anyone else also have this kind of tsuba dome and can help me with thse problems? oh, and i bought it off from eguchi.net and it's the WKC one if that makes any difference.............

Originally posted by decembersnow6
    just recently bought a "fudo" tsuba dome and to my suprise, it is smaller than my tsuba also, after sliding it in, it is so hard to take it off again so does anyone else also have this kind of tsuba dome and can help me with thse problems? oh, and i bought it off from eguchi.net and it's the WKC one if that makes any difference.............
    i have a fudo tsuba dome and true to its name (fudo = not move) it stays on snug as a rug until i pull it off.

i've found that the key to getting it off is to pull it off by itself by letting the soft rubber portion on the inside radius flip the other way. with other tsuba dome, i just pull it off together with the tsuba, but this won't work with the fudo stopper.

hope this helps.

Comment

I have the 2 in 1 combination Tsuba/Tsuba dome from Eguchi, it has a built in fudo tsuba dome. When I first put it on my shinai and tried taking it off, it slightly pulled the tsukagawa off the shinai. My solution was to cut slits in the rubber so that in wasn't so tight.

Comment

I like using fudou tsuba-dome, I don't have the problem of having my tsuba sliding down once in a while but the only problem it has is it tends rips my tsuka after putting it on and off to many times, now I just use it for shiai.

Comment

Working...
        X