X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tsuba Dome Blues..............

This I have had two of the rubber Tsuba Dome split and fall during pravtice and even put a fresh one on afterwards and it was split this morning. What am I doing wrong and what can I do to remedy it?
    I just ordered a Fudo Tsuba Stopper from one of the internet stores, was this a waste of money or a wise investment.
    Attached Files

Just get a cheap rubber ones. Or, get the ones which you tie on.

Comment

May be your tsuka is too thick for your rubber tsuba dome. I've got the fudo dome but haven't used it yet. I heard the fudo tsuba dome is one of the best tsuba dome (tsuba doesn't move). Since Japanese national team has been using it at the international matches so it must be better than others. I personally perfer the traditional ones made of leather like this one at tozando. http://kendo.tozando.com/acc/t206.html
      It takes a bit of time to put it on and off as you need to tie the dome's leather strings on your shinai each time you use. At least, it won't split like rubber tsuba dome.

Comment

Do u actually take the tsubadome off after you practice, I suggest u do. I use the deluxe rubber ones from www.tozando.com and they work a treat. Really good quality rubber, hardly any chance of them coming off and they're really strong. Prefer them to the crappy ones. I don't like the leather ones, but I do know a lot of people who use them. I'm just a lazy bugger who can't really be arsed to do anything after practice... even folding hakama is occasionally beyond me!

My only annoyance with the deluxe rubber tsubadome is that they don't come in pink or purple... I have a lovely lilac tsuba, see, a valued pressy from a mate when he went to train in Japan, and what I really want is a lovely matching pink or purple tsubadome! I started kendo in Japan and one of my kohai had a black tsuba, edged in gold, with a matching black deluxe rubber tsubadome... WOW! I myself had a rainbow tsuba with a red tsubadome, crap quality, hence I no longer have them!! (^o^)

Comment

Originally posted by SESSION13
          This I have had two of the rubber Tsuba Dome split and fall during pravtice and even put a fresh one on afterwards and it was split this morning. What am I doing wrong and what can I do to remedy it?
          I just ordered a Fudo Tsuba Stopper from one of the internet stores, was this a waste of money or a wise investment.
          I have that. It is good.
          Without seeing your shinai, I cannot investigate anything visually. Ask people at your dojo to take a quick look at your shinai and tell them of your tsuba dome breaking.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

The fudo tsuba dome are great, well worth the money. They hold really well and look very nice.

Comment

Rainbow tsuba?? Really?? I love rainbows!('Cause they are pretty!)

Originally posted by senki-kendo-jos
                Do u actually take the tsubadome off after you practice, I suggest u do. I use the deluxe rubber ones from www.tozando.com and they work a treat. Really good quality rubber, hardly any chance of them coming off and they're really strong. Prefer them to the crappy ones. I don't like the leather ones, but I do know a lot of people who use them. I'm just a lazy bugger who can't really be arsed to do anything after practice... even folding hakama is occasionally beyond me!

My only annoyance with the deluxe rubber tsubadome is that they don't come in pink or purple... I have a lovely lilac tsuba, see, a valued pressy from a mate when he went to train in Japan, and what I really want is a lovely matching pink or purple tsubadome! I started kendo in Japan and one of my kohai had a black tsuba, edged in gold, with a matching black deluxe rubber tsubadome... WOW! I myself had a rainbow tsuba with a red tsubadome, crap quality, hence I no longer have them!! (^o^)
                Senki-san,

Oooo...You had a Rainbow tsuba?? Cool!! I collect rainbows, because they are so pretty. Lucky... What made it bad quality? I've got a tortoise shell replica tsuba given as a present from a sensei I met last year when I began Kendo, that I love. I've seen a lilac one, and they sure are pretty too. I didn't know a person can get a matching tsuba dome.

Session13-san

Anyway, I just have the regular rubber tsuba dome that came with my shinai, and it hasn't split at all. Yeah, it's a good idea to ask your sensei about it if it split. Like one other person suggested, maybe the dome was the wrong size for the tsuka? (Out of curiosity, do the Fudo tsuba dome come in only one size?) You should try out your new tsuba dome to see how it fits. Hope it works for you!(I've not had a Fudo one.)

Kaoru

Comment

Working...
                X