Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use purple fishing lines....those work better! The chicks also like them very much!

Comment

Hmmm....thats odd. Mine never came with redstring. Must be extra

Comment

I don't have red string or a red magic marker to draw the line back........I only have a glitter pen ....is that acceptable?? ...oh it also glows in the dark.....the pen I mean ....

cheers Michael
        Last edited by gsx1100s; 15th July 2004, 12:13 PM.

Comment

The red strings are reminders taken from the legend of the string around the finger. But because we have Kote on we cant see our fingers. So to adapt it we tie them around the Shinai.

String 1 - is to remind you to check your stance and spacing

String 2 - is to remind you to raise your hands to the right position above your head

String 3 - is to remind you that while you are worrying about strings 1 and 2 your opponent is gonna beat the hell out of you and this is really going to hurt.

Hope that cleared that mess up.

Comment

Those strings are RED???!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought they were Blue!!!!!

OH MY GOD!! I'M COLOURBLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Comment

The red strings are the trick from ancient Japan, around 5000 year ago. They were special die in the virgin blood so when the swordmen killed their enemy, the spirits were chasing away from the virgin blood. Also, with red color, when they moved their sword, it had the effective like hypnotize toward the enemy. The faster they move, the red string would make beautiful illusion until the enemy said: "Wow, that is so cool Dude". At that point, the swordmen knew the time was right to strike for instant kill. Today, for the shinai, we just use the regular die but if you look hard, you still can get the red string die by virgin blood for quite a price.

Comment

Originally posted by LNGUYEN
                The red strings are the trick from ancient Japan, around 5000 year ago. They were special die in the virgin blood so when the swordmen killed their enemy, the spirits were chasing away from the virgin blood.
                You rookie...

My uber-madake made in Emperial Japan by the 18th soke of seibu-ha shinai-kesuri-ryu comes with black-string made from dragon tendons and gold string made from the finest gold interwined with blond hair of the fairest princesses from far and wide....

FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by LNGUYEN
                  The red strings are the trick from ancient Japan, around 5000 year ago. They were special die in the virgin blood so when the swordmen killed their enemy, the spirits were chasing away from the virgin blood. Also, with red color, when they moved their sword, it had the effective like hypnotize toward the enemy. The faster they move, the red string would make beautiful illusion until the enemy said: "Wow, that is so cool Dude". At that point, the swordmen knew the time was right to strike for instant kill. Today, for the shinai, we just use the regular die but if you look hard, you still can get the red string die by virgin blood for quite a price.
                  If i could find a virgin at the right time of the month I can sell you some cheap ....

all together now ... EWWWW!!

Comment

My shinai was made during the Tokugawa era and comes complete with an "invisible shield" protecting it from harmful elements of rain, snow, and mud. The invisible shield allows the hand-cut leather grip tanned from an ostrich to remain untouched by mortals. The three red ties symbolize the three points of Okinawa: ocean, peace, & development... the only way to achieve ki-ken-tai-ichi. The invisible shield is fastened with a white string, representing the key to peace. If I recall correctly, gaijin seem to think the mokuteki or purpose of these items is for "packaging and shipping".

Comment

hahahahahahaha. .. ...is someone keeping count of just how many purpose the red strings can serve? I personally lost count from laughing too hard.

Comment

I just cut off the strings and...long story short, any Onmyou here?

Comment

Hai Hai you are a stupid git!

what do you mean invisible shield? if you open the shinai and look at the bottom of the tsukagawa, there is a little chip there, its a personal shield generator, it doesnt protect against rain snow or mud, it protects you against laser blasts, you dont think laser blasts exist? thats becuz u have the shield generator!

Comment

Originally posted by mystic_kendoka
                            ...what do you mean invisible shield?..
                            You know, the plastic bag it comes wrapped in.

Comment

my shinai has +5 to mana, um...

Comment

this forum is cool

Comment

Working...
                                X