X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does your shinai have a name?

Before you ask. No I do not sleep with my shinai, nor do I hug it or tell it how much of a friend it is to me. Actually I haven't named it either simply because I haven't been practicing a lot but I soon think I'll be practicing kendo and iaido in which case I'll name my sword and then my shinai though I can't think of a good name right now. In any case, have any of you given a name to your shinai?

I like to call mine sparky. Yup that shinai is very loyal, everytime I say "here sparky, sparky" it comes a runnin.

Is this a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Swissv2
      I like to call mine sparky. Yup that shinai is very loyal, everytime I say "here sparky, sparky" it comes a runnin.

Is this a joke?
      Just one of those fun post, everything can't be serious all the time. That'd be no fun. On the other hand would you really mess with a guy walking with his shinai behind him on a leash?

Comment

I tend to call mine "pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou". Or sometimes "Jason."

Comment

Originally posted by Hotei
          I tend to call mine "pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou". Or sometimes "Jason."
          Has anyone seen pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou around? I'm looking for pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou

Lol must be made of some platinum laced bamboo or something

Comment

skull crcka!

Comment

Originally posted by mystic_kendoka
              skull crcka!

Ahhh so what happens when skull crcka meets pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou for the first time

Comment

since pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou doesnt have a skull, skull crcka would get confused, go into a state of despair then end it self by harakiri.. only thing is.. it doesnt have a hara.. so it goes for SaitoHajime's stomach...

Comment

Originally posted by mystic_kendoka
                  since pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou doesnt have a skull, skull crcka would get confused, go into a state of despair then end it self by harakiri.. only thing is.. it doesnt have a hara.. so it goes for SaitoHajime's stomach...
                  and that's when the skull crcka gets cracked or at least heavily blocked util a cracking can be arranged

Comment

i call mine....shinai...............

~taganahan

Comment

Originally posted by taganahan
                      i call mine....shinai...............

~taganahan
                      Now that's one freakin evil name

Comment

I think my shinai would appropiately be named Frankenstien considering its built from like 3 different shinais.....I am sure im not the only one who has attempted to give life to what seems to be a broken useless shinai..

Comment

Originally posted by Cheese_Man
                          I think my shinai would appropiately be named Frankenstien considering its built from like 3 different shinais.....I am sure im not the only one who has attempted to give life to what seems to be a broken useless shinai..
                          Naw it's still good, you just have to leave it out on top of the house in a thunderstorm, but don't be suprised when you find yourself beating villagers up with it. I learned that one the hard way.

Comment

Well I write my name on my shinai

does that count?

Comment

My shinai name is "SaitoHajime made a fool of himself".

Comment

Working...
                              X