Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does your shinai have a name?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Does your shinai have a name?

    Before you ask. No I do not sleep with my shinai, nor do I hug it or tell it how much of a friend it is to me. Actually I haven't named it either simply because I haven't been practicing a lot but I soon think I'll be practicing kendo and iaido in which case I'll name my sword and then my shinai though I can't think of a good name right now. In any case, have any of you given a name to your shinai?

  • #2
    I like to call mine sparky. Yup that shinai is very loyal, everytime I say "here sparky, sparky" it comes a runnin.

    Is this a joke?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Swissv2
      I like to call mine sparky. Yup that shinai is very loyal, everytime I say "here sparky, sparky" it comes a runnin.

      Is this a joke?
      Just one of those fun post, everything can't be serious all the time. That'd be no fun. On the other hand would you really mess with a guy walking with his shinai behind him on a leash?

      Comment


      • #4
        I tend to call mine "pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou". Or sometimes "Jason."

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Hotei
          I tend to call mine "pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou". Or sometimes "Jason."
          Has anyone seen pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou around? I'm looking for pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou



          Lol must be made of some platinum laced bamboo or something

          Comment


          • #6
            skull crcka!

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mystic_kendoka
              skull crcka!

              Ahhh so what happens when skull crcka meets pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou for the first time

              Comment


              • #8
                since pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou doesnt have a skull, skull crcka would get confused, go into a state of despair then end it self by harakiri.. only thing is.. it doesnt have a hara.. so it goes for SaitoHajime's stomach...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mystic_kendoka
                  since pleasedontbreakIcantaffordtoreplaceyou doesnt have a skull, skull crcka would get confused, go into a state of despair then end it self by harakiri.. only thing is.. it doesnt have a hara.. so it goes for SaitoHajime's stomach...
                  and that's when the skull crcka gets cracked or at least heavily blocked util a cracking can be arranged

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i call mine....shinai...............

                    ~taganahan

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by taganahan
                      i call mine....shinai...............

                      ~taganahan
                      Now that's one freakin evil name

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think my shinai would appropiately be named Frankenstien considering its built from like 3 different shinais.....I am sure im not the only one who has attempted to give life to what seems to be a broken useless shinai..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Cheese_Man
                          I think my shinai would appropiately be named Frankenstien considering its built from like 3 different shinais.....I am sure im not the only one who has attempted to give life to what seems to be a broken useless shinai..
                          Naw it's still good, you just have to leave it out on top of the house in a thunderstorm, but don't be suprised when you find yourself beating villagers up with it. I learned that one the hard way.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Well I write my name on my shinai

                            does that count?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              My shinai name is "SaitoHajime made a fool of himself".

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X