Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aun shinai from eguchi

hi
    Has anyone used the Aun Shinai from Eguchi? If so what did you think about it?

thanks
    I

Originally posted by IWB
    hi
    Has anyone used the Aun Shinai from Eguchi? If so what did you think about it?

thanks
    I
    Yes.
    It feels different than my first shinai. I should have gone with another everyday $25 shinai. I can't exchange staves unless I get another Aun.

Comment

Yes I use them. Mine are thick as a babies arm. Not just the take but a normal tsuba needs to be opened up a lot to fit.

I do have a couple made up and a brand new take to spare if you are interested in a small charge and cover the postage.
      Last edited by Hyaku; 19th July 2004, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your help, But i dont think th aun are right for me. I want some thing thats not really thick and in roughly the same price range. Any suggestions?

I

Comment

It is so hard to get right shinai if you are buying via internet or phone order.
          You need to actually hold it and swing it before you buy.
          Thats why all my shinai are hand picked by ME

I want some thing thats not really thick
          even with phone orders, you can request to have thinner tuka, top heavy, bottom heavy ..... Just call the shop and ask them. but then again, nothing compare to your hand picked shinai

I do not know which NM dojo member, Eguchi usually come visit us on Southwest Spring/Fall Kendo Seminars. Next event is on middle of october at Colorado Springs.

Comment

The quality of construction was better than my $25 shinai. The tip is much narrower and the beefy area is very beefy... much like my fart.

Comment

Originally posted by IWB
              Thanks for your help, But i dont think th aun are right for me. I want some thing thats not really thick and in roughly the same price range. Any suggestions?

I
              There's the SH-1 from Eguchi-moochi-von-poochi.

Comment

Working...
              X