extra large/wide tsubadome

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• extra large/wide tsubadome

Hello. I was having trouble tracking down a tsubadome that will fit (without soon breaking) over a large grip shinai. MostIy what I've seen are the same products at each site without any specification to which shinai grip size they are most effective for. I was wondering if anyone knew which sellers might have them? I realize in a lot of cases shinais have the option of coming furnished with the tsuba and tsubadomes, but I was looking for a slightly nicer one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!

What about making the hole larger by cutting away rubber material? I use worned down tsubadome on my slightly thicker grip shinai (although it is not specifically meant to be a thick grip shinai, it just is relative to the others). Or you can try those old style pliant leather tsuba that ties to the tsukagawa loops rather than get secured in by a tsubadome. They don't clack when they get struck so are a bit disadvantageous in shiai however.

Comment

I'm looking for a dobari tsubadome, so it would need to be good in shiai. As for cutting out the rubber, I'm fairly certain I would remove all the rubber, nullifying it's purpose as a tsubadome. As in the shinai barely fits in the outer non-rubber part of the tsubadome. I have Lana Kane hands, prompting me to get a pretty thick gripped shinai. Thank you, dillon,for the response.
      Last edited by Chairmaker; 3rd November 2015, 06:10 AM.

Comment

In that case why not stick to el cheapo all rubber tsubadome that has plenty of material to work with? Be sure it feels too tight but you can still struggle to put it on at first, it should wear down to the point where you can slip it on easily after a while.

Comment

The cheapo tsubadome I currently have works excellently. However, I should specify, it is this particularl el cheapo that works great. Every single other one I've gotten burns out in a month of practice, if not in a single night. This could be a supply chain issue, but I'd rather not address that here. Eventually, this ordained tsubadome will burn out. Obviously all kendo equipment breaks in time, even with proper care and maintenance. My "strategy" here was to find something that can verifiably stand the test of time a little longer and isn't a coin-toss as to whether or not it will work. It may be the only way for me to find success is to buy a whole bunch of cheap tsubadomes, but I would prefer to not do this.

Comment

I'm a fan of these.

http://www.tozandoshop.com/Large-Del...p/002-t226.htm

They are not truly extra-large or wide, but they will stretch without breaking.

Comment

I like these ones better, they also work fine with larger grips.

Comment

Thanks DCPan and Neil! These are exactly what i was looking at before I posted, i just didn't know if they would actually work for a really big grip.

Comment

Working...
                X