X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shinai weights

I got a weight for my shinai at our last tournament, and I do a lot of suburi at home. I had the weight on for 2 weeks and after taking it off my shinai felt super light and I was much faster. Does any 1 else have this weight? Its a green one. http://www.e-bogu.com/Suburiko_p/hir...suburiko--.htm
    how do u like it?
    My sensei has a shinai weight he made and instead of it going on the shinai tip, it goes in bettween his hand on the tsuka. He also has a weighted tsuba. Has any 1 seen a weighted tsuba or have 1? where did u get it?

Originally posted by Richiro
    I got a weight for my shinai at our last tournament, and I do a lot of suburi at home. I had the weight on for 2 weeks and after taking it off my shinai felt super light and I was much faster. Does any 1 else have this weight? Its a green one. http://www.e-bogu.com/Suburiko_p/hir...suburiko--.htm
    how do u like it?
    My sensei has a shinai weight he made and instead of it going on the shinai tip, it goes in bettween his hand on the tsuka. He also has a weighted tsuba. Has any 1 seen a weighted tsuba or have 1? where did u get it?
    try putting a peice of reed bar inside the shinai, preferably 3/8 in size..

Comment

I have one of those weights that a sensei of mine let me borrow, but I don't use it often; I use my suburito more. But they are a nice little weights for shinai, I just don't like the way it changes the balance of the shinai; it makes my suburi feel different. So I go with the 'already balanced' option.

Comment

My sensei made a suburito out of a christmastree trunk it is huge and super heavy but he uses weights on his shinai evey practice so he makes it look easy.

Comment

My sensei made a suburito out of a christmastree trunk it is huge and super heavy but he uses weights on his shinai evey practice so he makes it look easy.
          you can always use a bench press bar, the large size, ala moocow style..

Comment

how do u like it?
            One of my sensei was nice enough to let us try out his suburito for a bit and you could totally feel the difference after that, even if it was just for a short while. It felt totally weightless! I'm considering getting one (suburito) as I progress, but it's rather expensive.

This green weight you're talking about Richiro, I was just wondering if the weight is unbalanced? As in, is all the weight only at a certain part of the shinai, or is the weight distributed evenly along the shinai? I was just wondering, because if it was only at a certain part, wouldn't it feel rather weird?

Thanks ^_^

Comment

u just fit the green thing on the tip of the shinai, so yes the weight is very unbalanced, but thats wat makes the suburi difficult, and gives u a lot of exercise (although the weight itself is very small)

Comment

Try push-ups... lots and lots of them. Honestly, if you would like to improve strength, accuracy and speed all you need to do is drop and give yourself 200.... IMHO...

Comment

Originally posted by Inouye02
                  try putting a peice of rebar inside the shinai, preferably 3/8 in size..
                  Hehehe...but please, take it out before practice.

Comment

Working...
                  X