X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shinai Sliver

The other day I got a sliver in my finger by my shinai. I was wondering if I should dig it out or let it be.

Bamboo is nasty stuff. It will turn septic!

Comment

i dunno about the rate of infection, but i would take it out... no reason to keep a splinter in you, even if its not bothering you.

(then again, i got a piece of lead pencil still in the palm of my hand from 1st grade that healed over... i can still see it)

Comment

Originally posted by T.Lee
        i dunno about the rate of infection, but i would take it out... no reason to keep a splinter in you, even if its not bothering you.

(then again, i got a piece of lead pencil still in the palm of my hand from 1st grade that healed over... i can still see it)
        Just to say, I got a piece of lead pencil in my knee from 2nd grade.

Comment

Oh, and I will take it out because it is starting to hurt typing this.

Comment

a sewing needle is effective.

Comment

a sewing needle is effective.
              I was gonna use a pocket knife

Comment

A samurai would use his Katana to get it out, with his best friend ready to cut his head off if he failed.

Comment

Checking Habit

Originally posted by Jerott
                  The other day I got a sliver in my finger by my shinai. I was wondering if I should dig it out or let it be.
                  Rubbing the shinai, with your tenougi or keikogi sleeve, detects splinters.

its a nice habit to develop, and it doesnt take but moments to check.

Comment

Akumalkenshi - that's a great technique!

To the rest - pencil lead in hand and knee? That makes me cringe just thinking about it! Yuck!

Cheers -

Comment

[QUOTE=akumalkenshi]Rubbing the shinai, with your tenougi or keikogi sleeve, detects splinters.

its a nice habit to develop, and it doesnt take but moments to check.[QUOTE]

That's a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by akumalkenshi
                        Rubbing the shinai, with your tenougi or keikogi sleeve, detects splinters.

its a nice habit to develop, and it doesnt take but moments to check.

I'm going to start doing that

Comment

yubikiri/yubitsume, yakuza style

Comment

Originally posted by Paburo
                            yubikiri/yubitsume, yakuza style
                            Can I have it? I collect those...

Comment

the risk of spinters

there is always a risk, letting a splint being, it may pass into your vein..!

Comment

Working...
                              X