Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

help! i love kendo but this is making me lose interest!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! i love kendo but this is making me lose interest!

I have a really big problem that is really messing my footwork up! Whenever I practice my the bottom of my foot gets REALLY sweaty so my feet gets sticky and i cant do footwork properly and I get a jumpy motion when i go through..

I dont know what I can do. It makes me feel like I dont want to go practice anymore....

Try applying some baby powder before practice, it may help a bit. To tell you the truth, this is just a small problem. If this little thing makes you want to stop practicing, it might be a good idea. Because you probably won't like being hit when you get into bogu.

Comment

Tape your feet, if you must. I had to tape my left big toe because it kept sweating up and sticking to our mediocre county-park hall tile flooring. It helped a lot. I should be straight once my feet harden up some more. Same should apply to you as well.

Comment

You might want to see a dermatologist if your feet sweat that much. Doesn't seem normal. Do you also have stink problem? If so, before you go to dermatologist try Smiling Jack's Guaranteed Foot Stink and Sweat Stopper.
        Take 12 tea bags (regular old tetly black tea) and boil them in 2 quarts of water. Boil them I say. Let it cool down and pour it into something foot size (one of those aluminium turkey things work good) Stick your feet into the liquid for about 15 minutes and repeat for about three days. Make sure it gets in between your toes.
        The liquid is a mild tannic acid solution that will kill any fungus you have and toughen up your feet at the same time cutting down on the sweating.
        Always wear cotton socks and never wear sneakers without socks.
        If this fails, go to dermatologist who will probably give you some topcal aluminium chloride stuff.
        Last edited by Ignatz; 22nd March 2006, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mugu
          Try applying some baby powder before practice, it may help a bit. To tell you the truth, this is just a small problem. If this little thing makes you want to stop practicing, it might be a good idea. Because you probably won't like being hit when you get into bogu.
          I second this opinion.

Ignatz, that is really cool, I'm going to try that even though I don't have a foot problem

Comment

I third the baby powder method! A lot of the sticky problem has to do with foot sweat and the type of floor coating/sealant/whatever they paint over the floor. Everyone is a little different in this regard and I had the same problem with the dojo floor here and the baby powder fixed it right up. Just make sure you use just the right amount so you are not leaving little white footprints wherever you walk. I never had this problem back home at all. It's the damn floors fault!!!

Comment

mmmmm... hot tea... must remember to fill my cup BEFORE putting my feet in.....

Comment

hahaha thx ppl...ill try the powder one since and ill also try the tea one it sounds cool but im too lazy to do it now so ill do it during the weekeds...

hahaha yea thx again

Comment

Although, I prefer footpowder, I have discussed this with my sensei a while back and he prefers to wash his feet. It appears that washing your feet just before practice removes the sticky sweat and help the callous slip.

When applying the powder don't forget to stamp off the excess in a corner before you enter the dojo. You don't want to mess up the floor or dirty someone elses hakama.

Comment

I've been using Dr. Shoal's foot powder (regular/original) since I tore the skin off my foot and I haven't had issues since.

But also, don't be afraid to tape up if you need to. It helped me while I was mending.

Comment

Damn, Ignatz, nicely done! But I echo Mugu's concern. If something as small as this is making you lose interest, I'd look very hard at your motive, because other challenges will arise. Are you going to want to quit then, too? Stiff upper lip, my friend, soldier on, on, on!

Comment

Gran's remedy

I use stuff from New Zealand and it's called Gran's remedy. You put some of the stuff in the shoes that you wear regularly for a week or so and you're set for half a year or something.
                        You can find it here:
                        http://www.homesick-kiwi.com/productpage.php?id=79

Comment

ummm whats foot powder?

oh yea i think it would be really really difficult for me to quit..since all my dad and all my brothers practice kendo
                          when i was younger my dad forced me to take kendo but i hated it before so i never took it up
                          now that im older it seems interesting and my dad is always pushing me

Comment

Originally posted by Hydrogen
                            ummm whats foot powder?

oh yea i think it would be really really difficult for me to quit..since all my dad and all my brothers practice kendo
                            when i was younger my dad forced me to take kendo but i hated it before so i never took it up
                            now that im older it seems interesting and my dad is always pushing me
                            This

Comment

Originally posted by Lloromannic
                              This

hey!!! lloromanic, some people use that for their armpits!

Comment

Working...
                              X