X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Nito video

Hi there just posting this vid on U-tube for everyone to see, because i think there might be some interest. The kendo isnt really good at all though...foot work all over the place!

The first strike the nito player attempts misses and hits the floor! LMAO very entertaining.

nito vid?

hey there,

It would be even more interesting if you post the link...

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4clIB1BeAc0&search=nito

Have you meant this? It's really cool! The nito-fighter kicks ass! How he can parry him! How he can hit him! ... Wanna learn nito ryu, too ...

Comment

I've always been told that people shouldn't even flirt with stuff like jodan or nito until at least a ways into their time as a sandan, or even longer, because it requires a high level of mastery over chudan in order to be successful in it. It's not something you can rush into and have early success with.

Comment

Originally posted by JBouch
          It's not something you can rush into and have early success with.
          Actually, that's usually what happens: Because people are not used to fighting against jodan (or nito), you will have early success, especially so against your peers.
          For the first month, jodan was easy (against peers) and then it became impossible. It's only now, almost 4 years later that I can with reasonable confidence call myself a jodan-player.

Jakob

Comment

I guess it's nice that people are interested in nito, but both of them look like they are fairly new to kendo.

Comment

Originally posted by kanyil

I guess it's nice that people are interested in nito, but both of them look like they are fairly new to kendo.
              I have to agree. Flame away if you like, but that's just a guy whacking another guy with two sticks.

Comment

I think this guy knows something about nito.
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=sLuIBRya3xc&search=nito

Comment

Originally posted by JSchmidt
                  Actually, that's usually what happens: Because people are not used to fighting against jodan (or nito), you will have early success, especially so against your peers.
                  For the first month, jodan was easy (against peers) and then it became impossible. It's only now, almost 4 years later that I can with reasonable confidence call myself a jodan-player.

Jakob
                  If it only goes as far as your peers' first experiences with nito, is that really success? Nito is a pretty rare thing for me to see, and to a lesser extent so is jodan, so if somebody takes up one of those disciplines everybody they train with will begin to benefit. However, I don't see that entry phase, where both sides are first learning to either execute or respond to nito or jodan, as one where one can glean "success". Two months seems like a short time in terms of training to me, so for it to already have become "impossible" as you put it in that span, denotes a distinct lack of success.

Of course, that's the nature of it, as it's learning an entirely different way to fight. I'd be very surprised to hear of somebody winning gold in tournaments with nito or jodan the same year they took up practicing that style.

Comment

Originally posted by JBouch
                    If it only goes as far as your peers' first experiences with nito, is that really success?
                    It's all about perception. Look at the hasso/waki/gedan threads, with people 'trying' it and claiming success.
                    If you start doing something that everybody says is difficult (jodan/nito) and initially keep landing cuts on people, it will most certainly feel like your are doing extremly well. I still remember the first 'public' jodan session and I thought it went really well. I watched the video some 18 months later and was appalled at how attrocious it looked.
                    Now, if the guy in the video is running around saying that he's the king of nito, yeah, slam him down...but if he's just practicing, then please remember, we all looked like that at some stage. He might not even know that the video is out there...

Jakob

Comment

I'm not meaning to slam anybody. Like I said, I don't think success comes quickly for anybody. I only made my first comment because seeing the video reminded me of a similar conversation I had had with one of my sensei a couple weeks ago, when somebody was using nito at a tournament. It's hard to find success quickly, but it's even harder to find any success at all if the chudan experience isn't there to back it up. That was really my only point.

Comment

Can someone give me a link to a video of a jodan player or something? I am really wondering what it looks like.

Comment

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=kendo+detroit

Eric getting his game on.

Comment

Originally posted by ne0r

Have you meant this? It's really cool! The nito-fighter kicks ass! How he can parry him! How he can hit him! ... Wanna learn nito ryu, too ...
                            Not to sound too disrespectful but WHAT IN THE HECK WAS THAT? Are they beginners or is this another style of kendo?

Thanks

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Genya
                              I think this guy knows something about nito.
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=sLuIBRya3xc&search=nito
                              Thank you for the video.
                              I have never seen nito in 8-dan shinsa before.
                              The guy is badass. He is so solid.

Comment

Working...
                              X