Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newport, Ri

Hello,

I am looking for a kendo instructor and/or training partner in the Newport, RI area. Any information that anyone may have would be very welcome.

Best regards,

Greg

Looks like there aren't any choices in R.I. Nearest dojos are in Mass. or Conn. Here's the state-by-state list of AUSKF-affiliated dojos.

http://www.auskf.info/dojo/xindex.htm

Comment

There used to be a place in RI, but I never had the chance to visit and they may have disbanded since then. It was a few years ago that I remember hearing of one. Keep looking and you may find something, or at least info on where the old club went.

Comment

I can't speak for the rest of the state, but I vacation in Newport every year, and every year I hope to pick up the phone book and find a listing for a new kendo club, and every year... I don't. You might try the University of RI and see if they have a club. You might also reach out to the Boston Kendo Club. Their members are probably more familiar with what's happening in the New England area. Good luck!!!

Comment

i know that Keio University has a Kendo club...and I'm pretty sure they are in R.I.

Comment

Originally posted by k.en21
            i know that Keio University has a Kendo club...and I'm pretty sure they are in R.I.
            According to Wikipedia, they're in Purchase, New York.

Comment

Oh wow, really? Sorry for the wrong info.

Comment

Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo

Originally posted by EGRSBaker
                Hello,

I am looking for a kendo instructor and/or training partner in the Newport, RI area. Any information that anyone may have would be very welcome.

Best regards,

Greg
                There is a Suio Ryu Iai Kenpo Study Group in Providence, RI.

Please visit our website for more information:

http://www.suioryu-usa.org/

Comment

Working...
                X