X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigger perceived target improves performance

An interesting study on how the perceived size of a target influences accuracy. Could have some cross-over implications for kendo.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...ce/?ref=health

The take-away message seems to be that confidence appears to boost your performance. Not necessarily a new finding, but a novel approach to checking out that hypothesis. I personally feel that it's far more important to boost someone's confidence before a competition, rather than trying to correct technical details.

Originally posted by Halcyon View Post
    An interesting study on how the perceived size of a target influences accuracy. Could have some cross-over implications for kendo.

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/0...ce/?ref=health

The take-away message seems to be that confidence appears to boost your performance. Not necessarily a new finding, but a novel approach to checking out that hypothesis. I personally feel that it's far more important to boost someone's confidence before a competition, rather than trying to correct technical details.
    I'm curious if you think that's also true before a grading exam. Or should the focus there be on correcting technical details?

In any event, thanks for the link.

Comment

Originally posted by jjcruiser View Post
      I'm curious if you think that's also true before a grading exam. Or should the focus there be on correcting technical details?
      Personally, yes, I think that's true of an exam as well. Though it depends on what kind of time frame you're talking about.

The way I see it, you're not going to correct technical deficiencies just a few weeks away from a major event. Much better off getting your head into the right space.

Comment

Working...
      X